119 Hammer hunters in 7-08

I haven't loaded the 119 HH in my 7mm-08, but do have a 131 HH load, if useful.

44.2 gr Varget in Lapua cases with CCI BR-2 primers and 0.015" jump. Velocity is 2,970 fps in a 22" barrel. You should build up to this load.

Thanks, that's awesome performance. I've loaded a fair amount of Barnes bullets for other people but not much for myself. Have you shot White tail sized animals with the hammers. If so what was the damage. I've been hunting with Berger for several years with mixed results. Some with softball sized exit wounds and others with no exit and following blood from there nose. Looking for something more reliable. I've been using123 SSTs in my Grendel with excellent results. But they are impossible to find.

Looking for load data for hammer hunters for Ridge line 7-08. I have about30 rounds do the barrel while doing break in. Also was looking at the 131 grain
119 absolute hammer, or the 120 hammer hunter? Load data is very different for the absolutes. I load both, but my 7-08 is an improved chamber so my data doesn't help you.

Got a nice 7 pt whitetail with the 131 HH at 311 yds last fall. Facing me, shot through brisket. Bullet travelled full length of body, through the left ham and lodged under the hide on the rump. Only Hammer I have recovered in 20+ deer.

I have 7mm-08 with a 18" barrel and 1-9 twist for my daughters. Is this enough to stabilize a 131Hammer Hunter? I called Hammer and he recommended the 120 Hammer Hunters. He leaned toward the extra speed of the 120 over the 131's. The 120's are fine for whitetails, antelope and desert mule deer but I was thinking for Colorado mule deer or elk the 130's might be better.