$100K 1/2 MOA rifle?

Huntnful

Does anyone have a HUNTING rifle that they'd honestly bet $100K that they can lay down, on demand, and shoot a sub 1/2 MOA, 5 shot group with? I was thinking about it, and I really don't think I do. Even with a couple nice rifles that have produced much smaller than 1/2 MOA groups on occasion... I wouldn't bet $100k on the next 5 shotter being under .5".... I'd like a rifle like that at some point though haha.

Let's say:
-12lbs Max weight
-Minimum cartridge of 6.5 PRC
-Think 600 yard+ elk capable rifle.

If you do, I'd love to see it and get the details on the build, load, and some groups that the rifle/rifles puts down!

Last edited:
Does anyone have a hunting rifle that they'd honestly bet $100K that they can lay down, on demand, and shoot a sub 1/2 MOA, 5 shot group with? I was thinking about it, and I really don't think I do. Even with a couple nice rifles that have produced much smaller than 1/2 MOA groups on occasion... I wouldn't bet $100k on the next 5 shotter being under .5".... I'd like a rifle like that at some point though haha.

If you do, I'd love to see it and get the details on the build, load, and some groups that the rifle/rifles puts down!
While I do not gamble, so I would not bet $100k, I have several rifles/loads that consistently give below 1/2 MOA 5 shot groups. I'm an old BR shooter, so I enjoy building loads that produce tiny groups. Heck, I have an old Rem. 700 BDL in 222 that still shoots sub 1/2 MOA with 50gr TNT's and 24.5gr H335. Also 223's, 22/250AI, 6BR, 243, 6mmAI, 25-06 Varmint, etc.

Attachments

• 22_250 Savage BVSS 75AMAX.jpg
    22_250 Savage BVSS 75AMAX.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 6BR Imp BAT Action (2).jpg
    6BR Imp BAT Action (2).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 164
  • 223AI group.jpg
    223AI group.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 162
If you want to consider the lowly Creedmoor a hunting rifle caliber, I've got a GAP 6.5 bought off a member here that will be under 1/2 MOA as long as I don't mess it up. To make things even better, it will do it with factory Hornady ELDX.

Below is a photo with UM ammo, a little better than it's typical.

Attachments

• 9517F7E9-53DA-4304-829F-F15722F95C55.jpeg
    9517F7E9-53DA-4304-829F-F15722F95C55.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
While I do not gamble, so I would not bet $100k, I have several rifles/loads that consistently give below 1/2 MOA 5 shot groups. I'm an old BR shooter, so I enjoy building loads that produce tiny groups. Heck, I have an old Rem. 700 BDL in 222 that still shoots sub 1/2 MOA with 50gr TNT's and 24.5gr H335. Also 223's, 22/250AI, 6BR, 243, 6mmAI, 25-06 Varmint, etc.
That last 5 shotter looks like one of my good 3 shot groups 😅

If you want to consider the lowly Creedmoor a hunting rifle caliber, I've got a GAP 6.5 bought off a member here that will be under 1/2 MOA as long as I don't mess it up. To make things even better, it will do it with factory Hornady ELDX.

Below is a photo with UM ammo, a little better than it's typical.
I killed 4 bucks one season with a 6.5 creedmoor actually. It's fine within its abilities, but I definitely don't hunt with one anymore.

I think just about any decent shooter with a decent 6br can do it all day long. I have a factory savage model 12 that is as it came from the factory that will do that anytime without hesitation, I'll try to remember to load some pictures when I get home
Yeah I threw in "hunting" rifles to eliminate the 20 pound, small cartridge rifles and stuff haha. I was thinking 12lb max, elk killer type cartridges.

Every guy on here that has claimed "0.5 moa all day if I do my part" better chime in soon!! Haha. I am not much of a betting guy. My 2 primary hunting rifles are 0.75" for 10 shot groups. No way I am taking the risk that 5 fall in to 0.5!! Maybe my 24 lb 6 dasher....
I just shot a 10 shot .7" group the other day with my 6.5 PRC also. Still wouldn't make that bet either. And I am a gambling man haha.

It usually isn't the rifle that's the problem, I may throw down $100k that my rifle can shoot 1/2moa on demand, but that's a far cry from saying I can.
There are custom makers that certainly produce them, for example Mike from Tac Ops.

Here's a recent post from him on a partner rifle they were thinking of doing, well out of my price range so I don't even know if they did it, and yes, this guy can back up his mouth, anyway...
"Just a heads-up gentleman after several in-depth conversations with Terry Cross of KMW we are seriously considering doing a collaboration of a rifle project together. With our combined expert experience of over 75 years of building thousands of platforms we are thinking of doing a Tac Ops / KMW rifle and doing a run of 10 to 20 platforms. After careful consideration with our combined experience, we are thinking of guaranteeing the platforms to shoot 1/8 MOA with factory ammo. I will be doing some of the work here and Terry will be stepping inn and deploying his expertise as well. If we move forward with this project, they will be built based off of Terry's stock design. The rifles will have the traditional Tac Ops Green & Black color pattern with our textured look / feel. We are still discussing several factors of the possible build and the name we came up with would be KM-OPS 51."