03 Springfield custom trigger help

comen

I recently acquired an unfinished rifle project. It is an 03 springfield high # action with a 28" varmint contour barrel stamped .240 Gibbs. It has a fully adjustable trigger assembly that is milled out of a a piece of bar stock. This trigger LOOKS like the NECG single stage steel trigger, but NECG doesn't make one for springfields, just Mausers. This one is obviously made for the Springfield, and the Blue/Black finish is entirely intact. The problem is, it is missing the actual trigger arm. My gunsmith said he can fabricate an arm, but it would really help if he had an image of the arm to work from. Has anyone seen a trigger unit like this? There are no markings on the assembly. I would like to find out who made the trigger, and what the trigger arm looks like.
I know it would be cheaper to put a Timney on it, but I would like to preserve the intent of the original builder if possible. The whole thing has been in storage since the late 60s.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts