Jewell trigger help

338RUML

I have installed my Jewell trigger on my rem 700 LA and performed some minor dremeling for the safety and bolt catch but even with the stock off the bolt catch does not like to sit deep enough into the receiver to catch the bolt every time. the two pins that hold the trigger (front pin) and the rear pin that hold the spring, bolt latch and trigger were very stiff I believe the rear pin holding the spring and pin is just too stiff to let it perform its job. Please any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Make sure the front pin is below the surface of the receiver where the bolt stop pivots. If it isn't it will drag and not work right.

The pins were stiff going in or stiff how? The bolt stop should pivot on the rear pin freely or it won't work right.

Make sure the front pin is below the surface of the receiver where the bolt stop pivots. If it isn't it will drag and not work right.

The pins were stiff going in or stiff how? The bolt stop should pivot on the rear pin freely or it won't work right.

They were stiff coming out and going in I had to hit the punch pretty hard multiple times. I believe I got it now I performed some miner dremeling on the stock for the saftey and a little on the trigger guard where the bolt release button was hanging up, (nothing a little bluing won't hide) the bolt catch is still a little stiff going up and down if I push it it goes down easily but the spring is not strong enough to push it that far down. But it catches my bolt every time now and the bolt release and safety work so I think I have it figured out. Thanks again.

The pin stiffness going in and out of the action doesn't affect the bolt stop. You definitely have to make sure the stock and the trigger guard have clearance around the trigger. If I had to guess the bolt stop is still hanging up somewhere if the spring isn't strong enough to push it back up. I've never had a spring not strong enough to push it back up if the bolt stop is not binding up somewhere.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.