0-600yrds target caliber

I read the recommendations and could agree with many different choices, just depends on your bend. I have several custom 6XC giuns with Schneider 7.5 twist polygonal cut per advice from David Tubb, these are great performers. I also have a couple of 243 AI same barrel set up, killer good there also. I have a passion for the 250 AI and there may not be a more accurate round for quarter bore guns, I have 4 in this round. The 260 AI is another multiple in my arsnel, Schneider 8 twist polygonal cut, these guns all get pleny of work out on our feral pig population. One thing about this group we are all a great at helping you spend your money. Good luck and let us see the results of your selection.
Two of my favorite cartridges there, 250 and 260 AI. My 260 AI is an old type 38 action and barrel with new trigger and stock. It LOVES the 140's

Hi everyone,
Im looking to have a new built on a rem 700 short action that I got.
Rifle will ne use for 600yrds range target.

Have a 284win, 7mm rem mag, 7mmm08, 2 308, one will give is action.

As you see im a 7mm fan and with the rem mag im well equiped for long range hunting.

I do think solding one 308 and go full custom but I like to use what I got at home.

Im looking at the 6mm dasher but im open to any idea.

I dont mind single feeding my rifle.
the 7-oh 8 is a great round. Possibly only bested by the 6.5 bleedmore

My 7mm08 is one of the first year of production so no question of going custom with it.

But my 700 in 308 that and other story

Hi everyone,
Im looking to have a new built on a rem 700 short action that I got.
Rifle will ne use for 600yrds range target.

Have a 284win, 7mm rem mag, 7mmm08, 2 308, one will give is action.

As you see im a 7mm fan and with the rem mag im well equiped for long range hunting.

I do think solding one 308 and go full custom but I like to use what I got at home.

Im looking at the 6mm dasher but im open to any idea.

I dont mind single feeding my rifle.
at the long range shoots ive been to the 6mm, 243 shooters seem to dominate to 1000. the larger , bigger cases seem to do better than the 6mm, 243 crowd. big mags just not needed to 600. now hunting, different story.

at the long range shoots ive been to the 6mm, 243 shooters seem to dominate to 1000. the larger , bigger cases seem to do better than the 6mm, 243 crowd. big mags just not needed to 600. now hunting, different story.
I agree with you, those 6mm are easy to shoot day long at the range, not so the bigger caliber.

For hunthunting one shot is the gold so magnum give you more power if you can deal with the recol

I would not recommend the .223 for 600. Not that it can't get there, but it was made into a 600 yard round for NRA HiPower Rifle competition by forcing it to single loading with very long bullets, which require very fast twist rates and are more susceptible to deflection from the wind. And that long thin case is the opposite of what is now regarded as superior for accuracy.
Current king of the hill in the accuracy department is the 6BRA, and unless you have some other criteria for the gun, why not go with what wins almost every benchrest match it's entered in? It is also extremely competitive out to 1,000 yds.

Recent Posts