Caliber choice

Any idea what kind of break this is?It was on a 300 Win Mag I bought and the recoil is unbelievably light with this break.There is no markings on it.View attachment 261142
Not sure but it looks similar to a lot of early PA designs. There are a ton of nock offs out there and others. In my experience they all work fairly well. Some have small accuracy issue because of the way they vent the gas but all of them reduce recoil to varying degrees. Like I stated to the OP earlier several smiths have there own breaks that they install. It could be just a custom by a particular smith. That style of break in my opinion works the best. I prefer a little more directional venting than that appears to have, but I have several that are almost identical to it and they just work.

I would be sure to pick a caliber that has reasonable priced ammo like the 7mm rem. You want to be able to shoot it with out braking the bank. Even if you are hand loading component cost equates to the ability to shoot a few hundred on an outing or a couple of boxes.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.