0-300yrds hunthing

I will throw in a vote for the 280 Remington. It is an underrated caliber in my opinion. Shoots flat, gives you the option of the 7mm class of bullets, can be had in a light rifle, and at the ranges you mentioned has plenty of power, depending on the bullet you choose. I have one and like it. You can load is light for varmints. You can load it with heavy bullets for larger game. The only drawback might be factory ammo availability is not as great as other popular as other cartridges listed.

I will throw in a vote for the 280 Remington. It is an underrated caliber in my opinion. Shoots flat, gives you the option of the 7mm class of bullets, can be had in a light rifle, and at the ranges you mentioned has plenty of power, depending on the bullet you choose. I have one and like it. You can load is light for varmints. You can load it with heavy bullets for larger game. The only drawback might be factory ammo availability is not as great as other popular as other cartridges listed.
All you have too do on a braked rifle is when you go hunting unscrew it put a thread cap on it check zero go hunt without. The brake sure makes heavy recoiling rifles easier too shoot when doing load development or practice at the range especially young and light framed shooters

I love muzzle brakes on my target use rifles for hunting I much prefer no muzzle brake I simply do not normally put on hearing protection when hunting and a muzzle break is ruthless on your ears.
I like a muzzle brake under all circumstances with the exception of when I am standing by someone shooting one. I Have muzzle brake on my 300WM which reduced the recoil down to little more than a .243. When I am shooting it I don't notice any more noise then when shooting a a rifle without a brake. When my boyfriend and I are out shooting I don't want to be anywhere near, especially to the sides where the noise and even more so concussion coming from his 7MM mag is overwhelming.

As the old guy I am sorry to say I have no muzzle breaks on any of my rifles. However I purchased a 300 Weatherby Magnum barrel and put it on my 300 Weatherby mag Mark five and that barrel was magna ported. I guess you could consider that a very old school style muzzle brake. I put sights and a barrel band on that 26 inch barrel, and had the barrel and the action the trigger guard and the floor plate and the rings and the bases all bead blasted and re-blued . I hope to use it on a future elk hunt.