❓ What Range Finder for Precise Ranging Ground Hogs — $400 max. — 400y max. — in Full Sun?

JungleShooter

❓ What Range Finder Has Worked Well for YOU?
For Precise Ranging Ground Hogs?
$400 max.? —
400y max.? —

There's just an interesting thread going that discusses quality range finder in general, here:

I have a more specific question:
I need to range small targets, groudhound size, out to about 400y. In less than ideal conditions of LRF: full sun.
I'm not looking to spend a ton of cash on this, so about $400 max. MRSP.

What models (not just brands) have worked well for you?
(
Not important if your particicular model is discontinued, I'd love to buy a used model.)

Thanks for your help!

Matthias

Last edited:
❓ What Range Finder Has Worked Well for YOU?
For Precise Ranging Ground Hogs?
$400 max.? —
400y max.? —

There's just an interesting thread going that discusses quality range finder in general, here:

I have a more specific question:
I need to range small targets, groudhound size, out to about 400y. In less than ideal conditions of LRF: full sun.
I'm not looking to spend a ton of cash on this, so about $400 max. MRSP.

What models (not just brands) have worked well for you?
(
Not important if your particicular model is discontinued, I'd love to buy a used model.)

Thanks for your help!

Matthias
I had a Nikon 1200 that ranged ground hogs out to around 600-650 very well. It was an older model. By today's standard on range finders, it's inferior. At the time, it was a better unit than many more pricier models. I have a Sign Sauer 2K discontinued model that'll do it much better than that Nikon did it and there out there for well under 400.00