Max Range for a Leupold 3.5 x 10 50mm

Autorotate

Is the scope above enough magnification for shots on Deer/Elk in the 600-800 yd range?

This is assuming the rifle and/or shooter are up to the task and aren't the limiting factor.

From reading this forum, it's obvious the shooter/rifle/scope are system for shots in that range, and due to budget constraints, I'm looking to either have a BDC reticle installed, or obtain custom turrets for the scope listed above.

But before I did, I'd like your opinions if this is scope has enough magnification for shots in the 600-800 yd range for Deer/Elk sized critters.

Scope will be sitting on top of a Mark V in 300 Wby Mag.

Newbie here....be easy on me if this question has been covered already.

Thanks in advance.

yes that is plenty power to do the job , i personaly like a little more power but the 10x is fully up to the task.

Of course a 3.5X10 scope is enough magnification for considerably farther than 800 yards.
As for turrets you would be better served to send the scope to Leupold and have the M1 turrets installed and learn to use them instead of a BDC type turret that is set for only on bullets BC and altitude.

10X...how far?

Thank you for your quick responses. This forum is a gem...some great members on here, with knowledge to share.

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts