Truck gun

Howa mini action in a chassis chambered in any cartridge that has ammo available that's not FMJ...... so that rules out 7.62x39.
Not sure that I understand this statement. There is SP 7.62x39 ammo available, or are you excluding this caliber because there is SP ammo available?

FWIW I built exactly one of these, a Howa Mini in 7.62x39 to be a lightweight rifle. Scoped and with a sling, Devcon AL putty bedded w/ AL pillars in a highly modified Boyd's laminate it is under 6.9 lbs. No metal scalloping, and the only exotic metal in it are the Ti action screws. Even has a DIP aluminum bottom metal. I cut down a factory mag to make it as close to flush fitting as possible. With a full mag (3 rnds.) it is likely right at or just a little tiny bit under 7 lbs.
I hate to use the phrase "inherently accurate", but the rifle does seem to know what your target is and works with you to hit it.
Anyway, that would be my truck rifle should I need one.

Yes Sir!
Waste of money. Can't see any Law Enforcement issues with a SBR or Suppressor. An AR Pistol is almost the same as a SBR but no Stamp. There is a "Forearm Stock" If attached to your forearm - it is a pistol, put to your shoulder and it becomes an SBR. Look at all the Glock conversion kits that just skirt the NFA-ATF regs.
In hind sight wish that I didn't build it, but it is cool to shoot. I would carry it all the time in my truck when checking out hunting areas of filling the hog stations. When I would walk Samson on back roads, I would bring it along in case I saw a Yote. It is a Keltec PLR-16. The stock and front grip and can be taken off and then is it considered a "Pistol".

Federal Law 27 CFR 478.11. Handguns have a short stock and can be held and fired with a single hand. A rifle is a weapon intended for firing from your shoulder. Short-barreled rifles have barrels under 16 inches long or have a total length of under 26 inches. This includes collapsible stocks when fully extended unless the stock can be detached..
However, be aware that if your handgun winds up firing from the shoulder and doesn't conform to the 16-inch barrel-length requirement or 26-inch overall-length requirement, you've illegally created a short-barreled rifle. As such, it would need to be registered to the ATF and taxed first.
Now, if you add a vertical foregrip, it gets into murky territory. It's neither designed to be fired from the shoulder nor with one hand. The short answer is, it falls into the category of "Other" and has to be registered.

Nice rig.

A pain to go SBR route, but I see it the only way to fly. Stamps for my Elite Iron can and SBR were part of the package I sent out and received. Been playing around with different barrel lengths to suit my preference. Lucky have a few shot out NM AR barrels I can cut up and re-chamber.

Had an AR pistol, sold it. The B&T PRO APC45 is the go to for the moment, can is still eForm4 jail. Will eventually SBR it as well, so I can install a forward grip.

We travel a bit to NoVa to visit grandkids, SBR must fit in a similar pack like yours, sometimes in the backpack.

This little thingy fits in a messenger bag:
8" 300blk with a forward loundener

Edit: something to consider with stamped SBRs: I recall necessary pre-trip notification and approval to ATF before crossing state lines with it. Something to make sure of, at least.

Attachments

• 20221030_144728.jpg
    20221030_144728.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Nice rig.

A pain to go SBR route, but I see it the only way to fly. Stamps for my Elite Iron can and SBR were part of the package I sent out and received. Been playing around with different barrel lengths to suit my preference. Lucky have a few shot out NM AR barrels I can cut up and re-chamber.

Had an AR pistol, sold it. The B&T PRO APC45 is the go to for the moment, can is still eForm4 jail. Will eventually SBR it as well, so I can install a forward grip.

We travel a bit to NoVa to visit grandkids, SBR must fit in a similar pack like yours, sometimes in the backpack.
It is just SAD that the LAWS and TAX Stamps for Suppressors & SBR do nothing to curb crime. Just another way for the government to collect a TAX Hundreds of Millions a year. The government will never change the laws and give up the TAX money.
Jill and I both CCW , mostly compact 9mm, but I do carry a full size 1911& P226. Like the .45 better than the 9mm Hi Cap. Bigger lead. Made the SBR to take with a vehicle. The Paslode case looks like a soft brief case, doesn't bring attention, and can carry all kinds of extras.
If I do it again will definitely build off an AR platform.

It is just SAD that the LAWS and TAX Stamps for Suppressors & SBR do nothing to curb crime. Just another way for the government to collect a TAX Hundreds of Millions a year. The government will never change the laws and give up the TAX money.
Jill and I both CCW , mostly compact 9mm, but I do carry a full size 1911& P226. Like the .45 better than the 9mm Hi Cap. Bigger lead. Made the SBR to take with a vehicle. The Paslode case looks like a soft brief case, doesn't bring attention, and can carry all kinds of extras.
If I do it again will definitely build off an AR platform.

1911 45... proven since the Moro rebellion

I also have a pair of these that would be great as truck guns. Ruger 77/357 & 77/44 with older Leupold M8 6x 42mm scopes, by the way, I think this was one of the best scops Leupold ever made for the price. Both rifles are very accurate with good loads... the other rifle I'd bring up is my mint WWII M1 .30 Carbine it's just a hoot to shoot.

Ruger rifles .22 LR .357 Mag .44 Mag 003.JPG
M1 Car 10.jpg
M1 Car 9.jpg

^^^
Dang you!!! :)Gonna cost me some dollars
Goes looking at Fulton Armory yet again.....
YIKES! They've gone up even more.
Yes they have, I picked mine up in White Bird Idaho over 25 years ago from an old WWII vet. It's a rack rifle with the original soldier's weapon issue number still on it, on the bottom of the grip. It is one of the most fun rifles I have to take out shoot. Cheers

Not sure that I understand this statement. There is SP 7.62x39 ammo available, or are you excluding this caliber because there is SP ammo available?

FWIW I built exactly one of these, a Howa Mini in 7.62x39 to be a lightweight rifle. Scoped and with a sling, Devcon AL putty bedded w/ AL pillars in a highly modified Boyd's laminate it is under 6.9 lbs. No metal scalloping, and the only exotic metal in it are the Ti action screws. Even has a DIP aluminum bottom metal. I cut down a factory mag to make it as close to flush fitting as possible. With a full mag (3 rnds.) it is likely right at or just a little tiny bit under 7 lbs.
I hate to use the phrase "inherently accurate", but the rifle does seem to know what your target is and works with you to hit it.
Anyway, that would be my truck rifle should I need one.
Sp or Hp projectiles in 7.62x39 are hard to come across. 95% of the cheap ammo that makes the 7.62x39 so attractive to most is all FMJ. I'm not saying that it won't work ....but I ran an SKS for a few years and didn't get the performance I wanted out of the mil-surp loadings.

I also have a pair of these that would be great as truck guns. Ruger 77/357 & 77/44 with older Leupold M8 6x 42mm scopes, by the way, I think this was one of the best scops Leupold ever made for the price. Both rifles are very accurate with good loads... the other rifle I'd bring up is my mint WWII M1 .30 Carbine it's just a hoot to shoot.

View attachment 409348View attachment 409349View attachment 409350
I also have an M1 .30 (Iver Johnson). Below is my oldest son shooting it in 2011.

1668365337981.png

View attachment 409348View attachment 409349View attachment 409350
Love the M-1.
Would not put that in the truck unless well protected!
Darn if that's authentic M1 for WWII it's worth a fortune in the condition you have it.
My dad brought back his 1911 with real hand carved Ivory grips and a M1938 Thompson. Also had a bunch of ammo. Shot almost all of the ammo when I was a kid. He sold the Thompson since it was illegal to own. I still have the 1911 and a box or two of ammo.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    323.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 30 and 45 Ammo.jpg
    30 and 45 Ammo.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 32
Love the M-1.
Would not put that in the truck unless well protected!
Darn if that's authentic M1 for WWII it's worth a fortune in the condition you have it.
My dad brought back his 1911 with real hand carved Ivory grips and a M1938 Thompson. Also had a bunch of ammo. Shot almost all of the ammo when I was a kid. He sold the Thompson since it was illegal to own. I still have the 1911 and a box or two of ammo.
It doesn't run in my truck much, but it could. That is a sweet looking 1911 it would sure look nice next to my M1 Car. 😉 Cheers

It doesn't run in my truck much, but it could. That is a sweet looking 1911 it would sure look nice next to my M1 Car. 😉 Cheers
Would be a great set, got the original leather holster, web belt, mag holster.
Your M-1 Carbine is in great condition-good collector firearm with the bayonet!
During the WWII depending on your unit/MOS or rank you get issued a M-1 Carbine or 1911 instead of a M-1 Grand. The M-1 Carbine was made for support troops and Paratroopers. Original issue in 1942 with a 15 round magazine. Then in 1945 the M-2 came out with selective fire Semi/Auto and a 30 round banana mag. The bayonet Studs were not introduced on the M-1 until 1945 at the end of WWII.
Great Collector rifle and piece of US Military history!!!