I to need a bigger truck.

royinidaho

Woe is me. After a long time of planning and stacking stuff that I think I'll need for this hunting extravaganza w/Buffalobob, I have the Hummerette loaded along with the trailer for an early morning departure.

After all the stuff was loaded, with a bunch remaining on the floor that didn't make the final cut, the only room for rifles was the front seat area.:rolleyes:

There is an opportunity/probability/chance of bagging 2 deer and 2 elk, yeah right! My thinking is that if I have to haul meat back to civilization I'll have to set up a garage/rummage sale in a vacant lot in Salmon to make room.

Or I could trade my Hummer HIV for a Dodge 2500 w/da cummin's. Then I could pull a real trailer.:rolleyes:

I hope I can remember all the stuff that's necessary to make a good shot. If not bb will be there to kick me in the butt and loosen my brains a bit.

BB will keep ya'll posted.

Good idea on the "real" truck!!!! You might look into a rack for the roof of your SUV, maybe even a front hitch mount to load a rack on the front also.

I have a roof rack that I made on my 89 F250 Extra cab, with that, my 10ft camper that sits all behind the cab, and my brush guard in the front dual hitch mounts it is a full load!!!!

I don't know where I would be able to hold an Elk other than throwing off all the firewood in the rack and boning alot of the meat in camp to bring back in coolers.......I am waiting on a brainstorm for some kind of a rack to hold supplies in the front that also acts like a bruch guard too. There are 2 2" recievers in the front of my truck, just below the bumper. I didn't put them there but I think that they are available for purchase.

Joe Oakes

DONTSTROKME,

Hey, this thing is a Suzuki Sidekick:D I've been up on the divide with it and out through the lava rocks far enough to wonder how I got myself there. However, its "holding capacity" ain't much and I think there's about 1.9 liters of displacement. Thus the Hummerette designation.

I'm so po the 270 AM is worth more than my ride. Hell, my bed roll is worth more than my ride.:mad:

I think I'll airbrush "HEMI" on the front wheel well to see if that'll give it a little more umph.:D

Next post will be after BB and I arm wrestle to see who cooks breakfast.;)

Good Luck to you two, hope you have to have that yard sale. It will be worth it. All that meat...and you get to buy new hunting stuff when you get home....what a deal. Those little SUVs work great for hunting. my hunting truck is a 95 Toyota 4 runner 4x4 that hauls a bunch of gear. I use the roof rack, a hitch hauler, and lay the seats down and can stuff everything in it. Top speed loaded down is 73, but it is dependable and keeps my stuff dry. It is like having an ATV with heat and air, and you dont have to unload the back if you stop at a hotel for the night.

Roy:

I've got a little truck but this is what I do with it.
DSC01081Small.jpg

I put most everything in the "big box" and then I push it with the "little box.":);):)

Gives me lots of room for the gear, guns, loading stuff, grub etc. and leaves the back of the "little box" pretty much empty except for guns etc. when out hunting. I just park the "big box" in the general area and use the "little box" for all my hunting and running around..;)

Good luck with your trip and hunt. Hope you guys tag out and have a blast.;)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.