most useful truck trailer camper combo

Yeah. I've stayed plenty of nights in the back of my Tacoma. The Canopy is Awful nice if the weather is going to be iffy. If you didn't want a hard shell they do make some descent soft canopy's that are pretty easy and light to take off. But honestly my wife and I can have mine off in about 5 minutes so I like the hard one.
i bought my 4runner, used, all set up with fancy overland stuff back in 17 or 18. but now, the tacos and 4runners have like tripled in value it seems, i would have to sell my 4runner to get one,,,, and i love my 4runner. 2016 trail edition, the magic buttons have twice saved my life from stupid decisions

well, i am unsure if a really good sxs would fit in my toyhauler,,a 2 seater would but the new badass ones that are 4 seater and have 35" tires would not. it makes sense on the surface but,,,,,,,,,you are in michigan, i think it is different there. out here in the west i have seen the sxs's absolutely destroy the roads and public land. i think they are awesome in your equation, i just don't think that 95% of the hunters here are respectful enough to own them. and on a personal note, i can't sleep in the back of a sxs, and my other negative is the dust that swirls into the cab. my atv, i have no cab for dust to swirl into so i breath way, way less dust. i hate dust. but your idea has much merit, i just don't know if i can join the sxs cult yet
My SxS fits in the bed of my hybrid trailer in the picture on my last post. The hybrid also is a sleeper in a pinch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221108-212236.png
    Screenshot_20221108-212236.png
    539.1 KB · Views: 83
actually a great idea
Truck camper and hybrid trailer is my one man camp. My hunting partner and I have similar set ups. Used travel trailers, fifth wheels and tent camps and this truck camper is my personal favorite. We can get deep snow in early November in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We've had 30-40" in early November on some occasions and pulling a fifth wheel and trailer behind it makes going tough off grid. The truck camper adds weight for getting thru deep snow and a smaller trailer like mine tows thru any conditions fairly easy
very nice set up,,, very close to what i am thinking. how big is your camper?

i bought my 4runner, used, all set up with fancy overland stuff back in 17 or 18. but now, the tacos and 4runners have like tripled in value it seems, i would have to sell my 4runner to get one,,,, and i love my 4runner. 2016 trail edition, the magic buttons have twice saved my life from stupid decisions
I hear ya. I did the same. My taco is a 16' trd. Bought it used all setup with really nice lift, bumper, winch, canopy etc. paid 29k with 30k miles. Now we both are sitting with rigs worth more. Sell high and by high?

actually a great idea

very nice set up,,, very close to what i am thinking. how big is your camper?
That picture is a 9.5'. I sold it and bought a newer 8.5'. My super duty is a 6'9" bed and the 9.5' camper put too much weight behind the axle. This newer camper is perfect for the truck. I don't miss the foot I lost with just me using it during a hunt. Plenty of room. For two guys, I'd prefer the extra foot. Would help a little more for gear for two guys.

I hear ya. I did the same. My taco is a 16' trd. Bought it used all setup with really nice lift, bumper, winch, canopy etc. paid 29k with 30k miles. Now we both are sitting with rigs worth more. Sell high and by high?
you must have got a better deal than me, or maybe tacos are less expensive than 4runners,, because i paid more for mine with similiar milage but the guy put all top notch stuff on it, expensive stuff, aluminum huge hidden winch bumper, full frontrunner rack, icon lift, bunch of other stuff. way out of my league, the overland world is like for trust fund babies and tech millionaires.

Better view of the trailer bed size compared to the Quad (Polaris Sportsman 850xp). It's a big quad but it looks small in the trailer bed. The Ranger 900XP fits snug but fits it fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221108-213820.png
    Screenshot_20221108-213820.png
    845.5 KB · Views: 69
you must have got a better deal than me, or maybe tacos are less expensive than 4runners,, because i paid more for mine with similiar milage but the guy put all top notch stuff on it, expensive stuff, aluminum huge hidden winch bumper, full frontrunner rack, icon lift, bunch of other stuff. way out of my league, the overland world is like for trust fund babies and tech millionaires.
I did. I kinda stole it. Almost felt bad. One of those lucky deals. For some reason I fall into those. My buddies all ways give me a hard time about it. But, I do look non stop and keep funds handy to jump when I find one.

That picture is a 9.5'. I sold it and bought a newer 8.5'. My super duty is a 6'9" bed and the 9.5' camper put too much weight behind the axle. This newer camper is perfect for the truck. I don't miss the foot I lost with just me using it during a hunt. Plenty of room. For two guys, I'd prefer the extra foot. Would help a little more for gear for two guys.
that is one of my issues with a truck camper,,,just not enough room for gear,, and i would want to use it during summer for other things that require even more gear.

that is one of my issues with a truck camper,,,just not enough room for gear,, and i would want to use it during summer for other things that require even more gear.
Yep that can be an issue. It's exactly why I have the trailer set up with two bunks/shelves. It will hold a lot of gear. It's insulated also so I can run a small heater in it during cold temps for keeping things dry. I'm at deer camp now for about 3 weeks in my camper. My trailer has a buddy heater mounted on the wall and I keep it on low. One 20lb tank runs it on low for about 5-6 days. Even one man in a camper can be tight with gear for cold weather so the trailer helps

Yep that can be an issue. It's exactly why I have the trailer set up with two bunks/shelves. It will hold a lot of gear. It's insulated also so I can run a small heater in it during cold temps for keeping things dry. I'm at deer camp now for about 3 weeks in my camper. My trailer has a buddy heater mounted on the wall and I keep it on low. One 20lb tank runs it on low for about 5-6 days. Even one man in a camper can be tight with gear for cold weather so the trailer helps
trailer is unique, never seen one like it

i have a similiar heater in my 5th wheel,, it called the wave 8, catalytic. it is super nice, way better than the stock heater.