Lightweight scope options

Got my hands on a Kimber Montana .308 & a Howa Alpine Mountain rifle in .7mm-08, looking to keep things as light as possible for the type of backpack hunting I do for blacktails and Black Bears. Leaning toward Leupold to save weight but Open to suggestions. Thanks in advance guys.

March optics 1.5-15x42 or 2.5-25×52 I have both and they are much more reliable than any leupold I have ever owned. I sold all but 2 of my Leupold's and converted most to Nightforce or March.
I have been using SWFA fixed 6 and 10's because they are so tough and they track flawlessly. They are on the heavier side though. Great suggestions I will look into them. Cheers

Got my hands on a Kimber Montana .308 & a Howa Alpine Mountain rifle in .7mm-08, looking to keep things as light as possible for the type of backpack hunting I do for blacktails and Black Bears. Leaning toward Leupold to save weight but Open to suggestions. Thanks in advance guys.
ranges to which you'll be taking game on a yearly basis?

Side note, I have a Montana .308 and have used the 6x36 Leo with LR reticle as well a 2-8 Leo one with the CDS and one with a M1 on top.

For toughness and light as possible I'd be all over the 6x36 with dotz (LR)

I hunted with a Swarovski Z3 3-9X36 for decades and it worked very well for a number of shots from 300-400 yards. At only 12 OZ's it is in my mind a good light compact choice. The Swaro Z3 3-10X42 is maybe better at 12.7 OZ's with a bit more glass and more reticle options. I had the Z3 3-9 on my very light weight 270 and it was a dream to cary up and down rugged terrain in S AZ chasing Coues Whitetail.