New Scope Options

Now that all of that is straightened out. Do you all think I am okay with the Weaver Scope, Base, and Rings? Or should I do some upgrading? At least the base and rings?

Just curious what everyones opinion is on weaver...

Thanks again for the help!

If you are holding zero I wouldn't be concerned unless you either find a deal you can't pass up or you're trying to lighten your rig (or something to that extent).

Now that all of that is straightened out. Do you all think I am okay with the Weaver Scope, Base, and Rings? Or should I do some upgrading? At least the base and rings?

That's really up to you and your intended purpose. I personally considered the same scope for my .270 AI before finally going with Burris Veracity 4-20x50 FFP. With 20 MOA canted base, I have a total of ~55 MOA of up elevation once zeroed at 200 yards. I only needed 22.5 MOA at 1000 yards with 175 Matrix VLD at 2993 FPS, so I have plenty more to stretch her out.

Upgrading to a picatinny rail and good rings is never a bad idea. I have them on every rifle I own, including my rimfires.

In my shoes I say if its not broke don't fix it. You'll have plenty of opportunity to buy base and rings w/ your next rig. On the other hand if you have an itch that needs to be scratched surely someone will be glad to take your money, this all reflects back on the saying "buy once". I say remember this quote on the next trip, no use trying to fix what is already working..... that is if it is working.

By any chance do you have something burning in your pocket?

I currently have a weaver 20 MOA base. I will be upgrading base and rings as well.

Opinions on those as well are welcomed.
Then you shouldn't run out of elevation except with some of the cheapest of scopes.

I have a lot of different scopes and out of all of them my favorites are VX-6 Leupods with either TMOA or Boone and Crockett reticles. I have them in both 4-24x52 and 3-18x50 and both are more than adequate for shooting out to 1,000yds.

Eventually I'll probably sell off all of my other scopes and replace them with VX-6's.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.