finally

yotehunter243

After a few set backs on stock decision and what not i finally got my rifle today (6month wait). Im not a fan of the stock color but my plan is to have the stock dipped and the barreled action cerekoted anyhow. Im lucky Midwest Hydrographics is only 15 minutes from my house. SO i can drop it off and pick it up 5 days later. I will get more pictures/better pictures, once my scope gets here. I just ordered it yesterday. The guys at benchmark are first class and fast turn around.
Remington 700 LA blue printed
27" 1:8 light palma Benchmark 6-284 fluted
McMillian A3 "OD green with black specks" (baby puke)
Aluminum blocks and bedded
SHilen trigger set to 20OZ
Badger 20MOA ramp and Badger rings (not pictures)
QuickClip detachable
Jlock removed/replaced
IMG_20120807_163138.jpg

IMG_20120807_162943.jpg

IMG_20120807_162925.jpg

Here is a pic. in the sunlight so you can see the stock color
IMG_20120807_162403.jpg

When i get the scope i will post better pictures. These were from my smartphone. Any suggestions on what color to cerekote the barreled action to match the stock? I may just give it a total make over. The one thing i did forget about on this build was a Bolt knob. I will be having that changed this week

Finally!! Welcome to the "Official" 6mm-284 club :D you won't be disappointed. I would finish the stock before Cerakoting the barreled action, it will be mucho easier that way.

Let me know if you need any more help,

gun)

Re: finally.....Range report

Well i didnt waste any time this morning. As soon as it got light enought for my Chrony to read my shots i started breaking in the barrel. I started off with 95gr SST's just to use them up. It only took 6 shots before my patches were coming out clean. So i loaded up three 107SMK with 53.5gr of H1000 (on the lower side of book loads) and i was very please. Now remember im shooting a 3-9 bucksmaster scope with fat crosshair at 150 yards. My highest speed was 3,177FPS and my lowest of the 3 was 3,168. I didnt measure the group yet but did take a picture
IMG_20120808_074438.jpg

So far i love it. Easy break in and cleaned super easy. I had no copper fowling at all. But iv only shot it 13 times. This isnt my first Benchmark rifle to shoot and wont be my last. I shot a couple 300WSM in Alaska last year one built on a Remington action and the other on a Kelby. Bother shot factory Federal Premium under half inch. You will like your barrel

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.