Finally!!

remingtonman_25_06

I was finally able to get my 150g SST's to shoot out of my .270. I got up at 6 am and went shooting while it was still halfway cool. I had to test a couple loads with each powder, rl-22 and h4831sc. I shot the Rl-22 loads first and they still are no good. Then 55.5g h48341sc shot a .65" group at 100 yards. Not to bad, but its a very small sweet spot. I"ve tested above and below that by .3g and if you go either way, it swing open to 1.25-.1.5. I cant seem to find a sweet spot for RL-22. I'm thinking about switching primers with RL-22. I"ve been using CCI 250 mags, I am going to try a non mag type next, dont know which, either a CCI 200, CCI BR-2, or Fed 210. I would really like to find a load with RL-22, I have a whole pound of it, and none of the h4831sc left. I'm not giving up yet, I still have 32 bullets, thats enough for 10 more loads with RL-22.
242smro.jpg

good luck, sure can be frustrating! I'm trying to get my 300rum to shoot still. getting close, but I'm pretty particular about my groups, so still working....
it just makes me want to send my gun to kirby or shawn more and more!!!

If it where me I would have at least 8# of the same lot of R22 before I messed with a load.I realy like R22 and so do a few of my rounds but its a pain in the *** to redo load development every time a new lot is used.

Mach V- I bet it is. I"ve never shot Rl-22 enough on a consistent basis to come across this. I should just stick with h4831sc because thats also the powder that my 25-06 absolutely loves. I guess I could buy a 8lb jug of that and be done with it!

Roy- I am going to try to make that Rl-22 work. I"ll try a large rifle primer next of some sort, I've had good luck with cci br-2 and fed 210's personally, but I dont have any of those on hand, only cci 200's. I guess they would work but...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.