Finally here.

Carlos88

Been searching for a Kimber Montana in .280 AI for months now. Did the "notify you" email request. Then Eurooptic removed the rifle from their website. Strange.

I exchanged emails with a rep at Kimber that confirmed they were no longer going to produce the Montana. In any caliber. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. All of this happened a few weeks ago.

Out of the blue one of the "notify you" entries sent me an email they had the 280AI. One in stock. The speed with which I withdrew my wallet from my left bahongka pants pocket rivaled the speed of light.

Finally picked it up today. 👍😁

Oh and it weighs 5lbs 6oz. With some lightweight Talley's and a Leupold I should end up at 6lbs 8oz +-. Yes!

Attachments

• 20220210_180551.jpg
    20220210_180551.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 437
  • 20220210_180629.jpg
    20220210_180629.jpg
    725 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
I've had my hands on a couple of Kimber Montana's in 7mm chamberings over the years... I never could get myself to actually pull the trigger on one... Probably should have but the Tikka 3t light comes lh, and I have been a lefty for a spell...;);) I really do like the rifle though...

Been searching for a Kimber Montana in .280 AI for months now. Did the "notify you" email request. Then Eurooptic removed the rifle from their website. Strange.

I exchanged emails with a rep at Kimber that confirmed they were no longer going to produce the Montana. In any caliber. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. All of this happened a few weeks ago.

Out of the blue one of the "notify you" entries sent me an email they had the 280AI. One in stock. The speed with which I withdrew my wallet from my left bahongka pants pocket rivaled the speed of light.

Finally picked it up today. 👍😁

Oh and it weighs 5lbs 6oz. With some lightweight Talley's and a Leupold I should end up at 6lbs 8oz +-. Yes!
Carlos
LUCKY YOU!!
Glad to see you got one. Saw that you were looking for a while. Can't imagine why Kimber discontinued, but may they have something better.
Jill has a 270 WSM Montana and loves it. I do too. I shot an 8 point Doe in NY many years ago
Super light rifle and accurate. This was mounted with a Nikon Monarch Gold 2.5-10x50 SF Rifle Scope. which at the time the scope was a special order from Nikon and expensive. Have switched to a Scope rail Base 1913 so we can switch scopes between NF ATARC , Leupold custom and NV.
Nothing special to look at, but it sure is light and strong with the Kevlar stock!!! Can carry it for days and not know you are carrying a Beast rifle to take out most any animals!

Attachments

• IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    344.9 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Carlos
LUCKY YOU!!
Glad to see you got one. Saw that you were looking for a while. Can't imagine why Kimber discontinued, but may they have something better.
Jill has a 270 WSM Montana and loves it. I do too. I shot an 8 point Doe in NY many years ago
Super light rifle and accurate. This was mounted with a Nikon Monarch Gold 2.5-10x50 SF Rifle Scope. which at the time the scope was a special order from Nikon and expensive. Have switched to a Scope rail Base 1913 so we can switch scopes between NF ATARC , Leupold custom and NV.
Nothing special to look at, but it sure is light and strong with the Kevlar stock!!! Can carry it for days and not know you are carrying a Beast rifle to take out most any animals!

Very lucky. I have a pretty decent collection of Kimbers and they all shoot more than well enough to hunt with. Consistent as well. I always know where the first one is going.

Have a bunch of TSX's, TTSX's, LRX's and Federal Fusion to work with so I have not doubt I'll find a great combination.

Recent Posts