Finally here.

Here is the issue regarding the front guard screw. I apologize for the lousy pics. My idiot Samsung won't focus down to the macro level. Focus on the front screw and the shiny spot. That's where the screw mashed the barrel threads. The other pic is of the screw with corresponding issue.

Attachments

• 20220211_144706.jpg
    20220211_144706.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220211_145610.jpg
    20220211_145610.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 100
I had two Montanas, one shot in the .6's amd the other was a solid 2 moa rifleā€¦ no load I tried got better than 1.5. Should have taken your suggestions on that one, but just moved on to a beautiful Kimber Custom Classic 300 WSM. It was a .75 moa rifle with full power 200 grain Accubonds, but recoil was way to heavy for me. Loved those rifles so much I moved on to a NULA in .284 Winchester. It's my main elk rifle. Love a good shooting ultralight and your 280 improved sounds about perfect! Good score friend!

Carlos, congrats! I had one of those Montana 280 Ackleys once, bought new from shortactionsmoker, and it was very accurate. Recoil was snappy as all get out though. Like several others, I unfortunately sold itā€¦

I just got my custom 280ai yesterday and was thinking I would sell my Montana in 280ai. I just really like the feel of it and if they really are not making them I will probably keep it. I bedded mine and had to sand out the barrel channel and file the mag tabs. It shots 160 AccuBonds in nice small groups.

Congrats on your new rig!!. I have the same set-up. Your gonna freaking love it. Can't believe how well mine shoots for it's weight. I have two Montanas and a mountain ascent. They are all excellent shooters in my opinion. The only thing I had did to any of them was to sand the barrel channel in places to confirm free float and take a little off the magazine box so it moved freely when I torqued the bolts down. Let me know how the bedding job goes Carlos. Interested in seeing some pics. I've included a few below..

Attachments

• IMG_4532.jpg
    IMG_4532.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4533.jpg
    IMG_4533.jpg
    987.5 KB · Views: 71
Congrats on your new rig!!. I have the same set-up. Your gonna freaking love it. Can't believe how well mine shoots for it's weight. I have two Montanas and a mountain ascent. They are all excellent shooters in my opinion. The only thing I had did to any of them was to sand the barrel channel in places to confirm free float and take a little off the magazine box so it moved freely when I torqued the bolts down. Let me know how the bedding job goes Carlos. Interested in seeing some pics. I've included a few below..

****. I'll be thrilled if mine does that!