Finally here.

My notes say.. I started at 57gr. I was breaking in new brass when I played with the 150's. Best group for me was close to 60 gr. I was getting about .5 moa with a velocity average at 2955. Fed 210 and about .030 off.

Been searching for a Kimber Montana in .280 AI for months now. Did the "notify you" email request. Then Eurooptic removed the rifle from their website. Strange.

I exchanged emails with a rep at Kimber that confirmed they were no longer going to produce the Montana. In any caliber. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. All of this happened a few weeks ago.

Out of the blue one of the "notify you" entries sent me an email they had the 280AI. One in stock. The speed with which I withdrew my wallet from my left bahongka pants pocket rivaled the speed of light.

Finally picked it up today. 👍😁

Oh and it weighs 5lbs 6oz. With some lightweight Talley's and a Leupold I should end up at 6lbs 8oz +-. Yes!
Kinda like waiting on a baby to get born... .😁

Congrats.

Carlos...are those the correct Talley rings? I've got Talleys on all my Kimber 84M's and 84L's, and when the front ring is oriented in the direction you have it, it is perfectly aligned with the action "ejection port" similar to the way your rear sits.

It just looks odd that it's slid forward. Got M rings on an L action?

Here's a picture of my Kimber Classic Select in 30-06 with Talley Lightweights for reference.

Attachments

• 1AEBBAC4-BF1E-4C9F-813A-D504EFD01999.jpeg
    1AEBBAC4-BF1E-4C9F-813A-D504EFD01999.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 67
I do have the M rings on it. They are medium height. They also fit the L's other than the "length". Keen eye. 👍🇺🇲

P.S. Haven't been able to locate the medium L's in silver. Don't want to buy direct as they're about $70 shipped.

That's a solid choice. I'm sure your zipping them pretty fast with 4955. My backup is IMR 7977. I haven't used 4955. My wsm does like the 145 eld-x with 7977. How's your speed/accuracy with 4955?

Recent Posts