Berger .277 EOL Extreme Heavy Hybrid 170 Grain.

Sir do you know if Berger is planning the .277 release first? Has the .284 195gr bullet passed the same tests you mentioned? Just wondering if 284 is in the same developmental stage as the .277, or if it is still conceptual rather than ready for production.

Yes the 270 EOL bullet will likely release first. The EOL 7mm bullet has not completed testing yet.

just figured I would check on and see if there is any update on these bullets. I imagine they are still on the backburner seeing as every bullet made is on back order it seems like.

Bob said that Berger would probably not do a run of these until they had caught up production of their regular line. Although I am starting to see more Bergers on the shelves again, they are far from being caught up with demand. I suspect it will be awhile yet.

Just another free bump just to make sure this topic doesn't get buried.

I called Berger a couple weeks ago about this bullet. The rep I talked to knew almost nothing about it other than a vague recall about it.. He suggested emailing the question to tech support, which i did. The answer I got... paraphrasing... we are currently focusing all our efforts on catching up on current demands caused by recent political factors. We have no further info on the bullet at this time.

Basically, from the questions I asked and the answers I received, the bullet wasn't even in the drafting stage yet.... we'll be waiting a long time

Actually, it's much further along than that. Bob Beck was instrumental in bringing all of the EOL Berger bullets into existence. It was a joint collaboration. Berger helped with the design, while Bob brought the idea to the table and the mu$cell for initial development. I can't speak for all the other calibers, but I know for a fact that there are dies for the 170 gr. in .277 cal. and the 7mm (can't remember weight). I was one of the lucky few to test the new .277 bullet and put it through it paces in my 277 Allen Magnum. I know Kirby tested some as well. It's a great bullet and can't wait for it to hit the shelves. Berger did say that everything else (in terms of bullet production) needed to be caught up before they would go back and do a run of these for Bob.

AZSUGERBEAR is correct.

The EOL Heavy Hybrid Bullets are going to happen. I can assure you the .277 and 7mm bullets are on the table. Berger is so inundated with current orders on top of fielding calls about the EOL Bullet projects, they want to ring my neck! Until they can catch the demand of existing Berger SKU's, they cannot introduce any more projects to the market. Once they can breath a little I am sure the EOL bullets will begin production. Once that begins to happen, I assure you I will post on this site for everyone to know when and whom to get the bullets from.

Guys I do not know how to tag one post to another, if someone would possibly tag this over to the 7mm post, it might be of good information for those guys as well.

Thanks a ton for all of your support with EOL and Berger....

Actually, it's much further along than that. Bob Beck was instrumental in bringing all of the EOL Berger bullets into existence. It was a joint collaboration. Berger helped with the design, while Bob brought the idea to the table and the mu$cell for initial development. I can't speak for all the other calibers, but I know for a fact that there are dies for the 170 gr. in .277 cal. and the 7mm (can't remember weight). I was one of the lucky few to test the new .277 bullet and put it through it paces in my 277 Allen Magnum. I know Kirby tested some as well. It's a great bullet and can't wait for it to hit the shelves. Berger did say that everything else (in terms of bullet production) needed to be caught up before they would go back and do a run of these for Bob.

Dang, I am disappointed in the response I got from Berger. I am in the process of designing a reamer for my 270 Montana and was hoping for for some dimensions. Do you know the length of bearing surface and nose? And what is the required twist?

On the other hand it's good to hear that there has already been some beta testing.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.