1038 YD ELK vs. 338 EDGE

Shawn,

Good job! Congratulations on a nice bull and some excellent shooting. What kind of expansion did you get with those "soft" hits.

JD338

Expansion was really good on the 2nd hit but the exit hole was plugged and did not leave much of a trail. The first hit was small I believe that the bullet broke into 2 similar size pieces and one exited the off side and the other stayed in the body cavity. I was happy with the bullet performance.

Great Job Shawn.....I drove home from Montana through your area yesterday and was wishing I had an elk tag. We saw a few elk from I-90 coming down 4th of July Pass. Sounds like a heck of a way to start and finish the work day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My dad said he new you when you went to school in orofino. Aaron Couie. I dont know if you remember him. Small world after all.

Congrats Shawn, good shooting, looks like you will have some good chewin for quite a while

congrats
steve

Very nice Shawn! Great story and I really like that you put in the details of what you dialed in to make the hits. I usually write them down and compare them to mine.

Devin

That is the nice thing about having a group of guys with the same cartridge and platform of rifle. There is getting to be a pretty good sized group of people with just the ones I have built not to mention the ones Kirby and Chris Mathews have built. I am on numbers 39-43 in the shop right now.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts