Ziess rangefinder scope

Diarange_800.jpg

From Zeiss:

[ QUOTE ]
The Victory Diarange 3-12x56 T* with integrated laser rangefinder from Carl Zeiss is a new riflescope that delivers not only excellent optical performance and mechanical sturdiness, but also the precise range to the target at the push of a button. The ease of use makes it possible to react quickly - with the weapon in a firing position within a fraction of a second - even when unexpected hunting situations occur.

Start of delivery:
April 2006: Germany, Austria, Switzerland
June 2006: Worldwide without USA
August 2006: USA

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be well over twice the price of the basic scope, I cannot think of a higher priced scope in Europe short of Night Vision gear. My first little Ziess cost me £400 ($600 ish) about 12 years ago, never regretted it though. It will sell but at that price not in any volume. A Leica plus a plain scope would be about £1600 ($2400) over here. I would think the European prices will be higher as they are well establihed here but I suspect their US market penetration is limited.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.