Ziess/ Scopes?

KRob

Its been awhile since ive worried about optics but today my dad asked me a question about whether id used Ziess Scope or not. Im not sure whats going on but somethen about his business anyway.

I was curious what you all thought about them.

To give a littl background i am not as big of an entrpunure as all of you its a tool box i grab the tool i need for the job. (Dont take that offensively its not suppose to be) Ive got a couple of different scopes a couple of simmons on 22s,Sightron 3-9x40 on my 223 and a Leupold Vx-II 3-9x40 on my 300. Non of these are supper high quality. Can someone maybe give me a comparison.

Im on a fact finding mission for the ol'man
Thanks Rob

IMO, you pretty much get what you pay for - to a point. A 700 dollar Zeiss will have a much clearer, sharper image and will track better than the Simmons. They are in a different class. However, I like the VX III by Leupald. These are very good scopes for the long range shooter w. a budget. Zeiss Conquest's don't have the adjustment that the VXIII have. It all depends on what you want from your scope. I use Nikon Monarch because I cannot afford even the VX III much less the top notch scopes that many on this site will use such as the Night force, Swavarski, or tactical versions of the Leupalds, nikons...
Hope this helps.

One thing to consider, if your gonna dial this scope, the knobs turn backwards from most other scopes.

So, if you're used to dialing your scopes, this might take some getting used to.

what model of Zeiss are you looking for? maybe i can find it cheaper. I am a Zeiss Conquest man. I have looked thru and used other scopes but to me they are the best bang for your buck, second is leupolds.

"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

Cool Signature

[ QUOTE ]
The glass used in the Zeiss Conquest series is very hard to beat for the money. Really in a different league than that used in the VX III. From a resolution & clarity standpoint, the Conquest is head & shoulders better than the VX III.

Out of some of the scopes mentioned here, I'd take a Nikon Monarch over a VX III. Again, better optics & very good mechanics. Better price, too.

Not to say that the VX III is crap because it certainly is not. However, for the money, it is a poor value when compared to both the Conquest and Monarch lines, respectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I find this to be true too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I just replace my Leup. Vari-X III with a Zeiss Conquest and so far have been extremely pleased my decision. Next fall's hunting season will tell me more, after I get a chance to hunt at dusk on a cloudy day, etc..

I bought my first Zeiss Conquest when they came out with 'em in 2001. I've owned a few more since. I think they're the best scope in their price range. Very nice optics and **** tough too.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.