Zeiss V6 disappointment.

To be honest I haven't had any problems with either one. Have taken both out to 1200 yds on steel and so far no problem. The March is on a 7 rem mag shooting Berger 175's and the ZEISS on a 7 saum shooting 162 eld-x. Both have matched what my BC calculator says to dial, return to zero has been spot on.

I have the worst luck with scopes. I bought a Zeiss V4 to get away from the others that failed. The V4 died right before my hunt. We'll see how well Zeiss does on warranty now. It had parallax issues first, through 150 rounds. Had to refocus slightly after every shot then groups went all over the place.
Grrrr.

I have the worst luck with scopes. I bought a Zeiss V4 to get away from the others that failed. The V4 died right before my hunt. We'll see how well Zeiss does on warranty now. It had parallax issues first, through 150 rounds. Had to refocus slightly after every shot then groups went all over the place.
Grrrr.
You and me both. I just returned a Leica Magnus that had a A LOT of dust and a smudge inside the erector assembly. Above 10X the image got really distorted. I've given up--for now--trying to find a scope that doesn't have some sort of defect.

I feel your pain. I also have a Swarovski x5 3-18. Great glass but it seemed to have a wondering return to zero. Every time I shot with it I always made sure it was zeroed. Then after shooting a while I'd recheck zero and it would always be low and right. So in July I sent it in to be looked at. Got a estimated return of September. September rolls around and I called CS and they said it was delayed but should be back the last of October. That rolls around and I call CS again and now they say that they changed computer systems and are unable to communicate with the people in Austria and are unable to tell me when it will be returned or any other information about it. Talk about frustration.

Imo Zeiss isn't what they once were, older Zeiss scopes from 2000 to 2010 that I've owned have all been significantly better optically than most newer Zeiss scopes I've had post 2012-13 and up. I'm not sure what changed but quality as in consistency from scope to scope has definitely lost a step imo.

Last edited: