Zeiss V6 Opinions...

I have the V-6 3x18x50 ZBR. Love the glass some of the best clarity out there. The dial up turret tracts back to zero without error. With the ability to dail in ranges reliably the MOA drop is really unnecessary. The only down side I've found to the Ziess is the wide reticle. As mentioned above check out Red Hawk Rifle for store demos.

Last edited:
I'm sure the V6 is a great scope. The NF and Leupold scopes are also nice, but for this application I'd go with something different.

The large range magnification scopes are heavier than scopes with smaller range (like 4-16x instead of 2.5-15x for example). With poor light conditions, ranges are short, and the OP stated he usually just holds over without using target turrets or reticle subtensions (unless I misunderstood). No need for target turrets. All the availible money can be spent on optical quality.

I'd go with a European scope with a minimum objective size of 56 mm and a magnification of 2.5-10x , 3-12x or maybe 4-16x. Target turrets and large magnification are unnecessary features, and big magnification range adds weight which could be downright detrimental.

I recently bought a Kahles k624 for use in low light hunting. It's great! Very bright and clear glass. When hunting I only use it at 6- 12x. I would have been better served with a fixed power 8x scope (check out Karl Kaps or Schmidt und Bender classic scopes), but then I'd have to get another scope for target shooting and I did not want that.

A very good low light hunting scope is the Zeiss Victory HT. I believe it's availible in 3-12x 56 mm. The glass is supposed to be absolutely top class (I admit, I've never used one) and 12x is plenty for most hunting applications. The 3x low magnification should be very useful when moving around.

There are also a bunch of S&B scopes that fit the bill, including the 4-16x 56 mm PM2 Ultra Bright (which has all the long range features you could ask for) .I wanted to get that one instead of the K624 but it was a lot more expensive so I sacrificed the extra FOV. If you don't care about FoV and you REALLY want to prioritize weight and low light performance then consider a fixed power 8x 56mm scope. Fewer lenses means lower weight and less loss of light.

Last edited:
I like my V6, I have all NXS and ATACR scopes other than it and i cant see much difference in the glass compared to the ATACR. It's bright and clear and very lightweight.

I am kicking a 4.5x16 x44, is the V6 worth the extra money. Going to mount it on my ne260 ai for eastern whitetail 50-600 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.