Zeiss V6 disappointment.

Despotes

Just received the V6 3-18X50 today and the first thing I noticed was the misaligned mag ring which also feels gritty from 3X-10X(if that really is 3X and not 2.5X). My Swarovski Z3 3-10X42 has better image quality at 10X than does the V6 at 10X. At 18X it's very milky, low contrast.
The specs on the V6 are amazing which is very odd considering the image quality doesn't coincide. Made in Germany?

Attachments

• Zeiss.jpg
    Zeiss.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Zeiss2.jpg
    Zeiss2.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 137
Just received the V6 3-18X50 today and the first thing I noticed was the misaligned mag ring which also feels gritty from 3X-10X(if that really is 3X and not 2.5X). My Swarovski Z3 3-10X42 has better image quality at 10X than does the V6 at 10X. At 18X it's very milky, low contrast.
The specs on the V6 are amazing which is very odd considering the image quality doesn't coincide. Made in Germany?
Mine is great. Sorry you got a defective one. Was this a new purchase?

My RMA was approved. No restocking fee.
Out of curiosity, compared the low light (At 7X) performance to my Z3 and they were indistinguishable from each other.
Not sure what other scope to try. I'd hate to try another V6 only to have it be optically the same.

Last edited:
I can certainly understand being skeptical, but like I said I am very happy with the tracking and glass quality with mine. If your not inclined to exchange for another one, than I ask why not stick with the Swaro brand? Ive also had great luck with NF, but they are heavier than the mentioned scopes. Anyway, I hope all well. Good luck.

My two cents - I have bought more than a few demo scope from Redhawk Rifles and haven't had an issue. My last demo purchase from them was the Zeiss V6 5-30x50 and absolutely love it.

I have many Leupold and Vortex scopes. I was leaning towards buying a Nightforce, however, literally everything I bought for this one and only custom rifle I had built was based on weight, so the V6 was for me.

(I know that was more than two cents)

I would say that 75% of my scopes are demos. Redhawk and Europtics. Mostly NFs but a few V4s. Never had a problem. Used scopes, still have warranty if you buy the right brand. I would venture to say that you could return to the vendor for exchange if they had another the same or something in that price range w/ credit or little more $. Definitely a factory defect or an improper refurbish. Hopefully you get it straightened out quickly.

I recall Dark Lord of Optics mentioning why he didn't list the V6 as one of his recommended scopes for hunting in his video. He said the few he looked through were very inconsistent. I'd love to try another one but, don't want to be stuck with a 10% restock fee for not liking it if the optics are the same as this one.

I have had to send back to Zeiss once they had it fixed in a week and sent back to me . Sounds and looks like something happened to the scope before you received it. Good luck

I have a V6 5-30 and two V4's. All bought from Red Hawk as demo's. Everyone of them have preformed like they should. The V6 is on my 7 saum and I have taken deer and antelope out to 600 yds and shoot steel out to 1200 yds. My only complaint is I wish the V6 came with the reticles that are available on the V4's. I also own several other scopes including a Swarovski x5, NF nxs's and a March. Can't say the V6 lags behind any of them. Optically the Swarovski is a bit better at low light but not by much. Guess what I'm saying is that I really like my V6.