Zeiss conquest V6 or Nightforve nxs or nx8

brandon327

I am looking to purchase a new scope. Can decided between the zeiss or the nightforce. I have been told the Zeiss has better glass than the nightforce but I like alot of the other features on the nightforce. I wanted the NX8 4-32 in MOA but i cant find it. All I can find is mrad and I leave on a hunting trip in 2 weeks.

I grew up using a straight 4x scope. If I am going to be hunting where 4x wont work I usually use a shotgun with buckshot. I enjoy the higher magnification.

I have owned NF atacrs, TT, zeiss v6's, kahles, leupold Mk8's and a whooolllle bunch of optics in between...for the higher end glass... I honestly have a hard time seeing an incredible difference in optics clarity, contrast, and low light performance (when objective lenses are equal size) between any of those optics. The "optics" aside... I truly prefer either a SFP Zeiss V6 or ATACR F2 in the 3-18/4-16 power range with 50mm objective for hunting purposes.

I have owned NF atacrs, TT, zeiss v6's, kahles, leupold Mk8's and a whooolllle bunch of optics in between...for the higher end glass... I honestly have a hard time seeing an incredible difference in optics clarity, contrast, and low light performance (when objective lenses are equal size) between any of those optics. The "optics" aside... I truly prefer either a SFP Zeiss V6 or ATACR F2 in the 3-18/4-16 power range with 50mm objective for hunting purposes.
Do you prefer mil or MOA?

Do you prefer mil or MOA?
Most higher end optics are offered in MIL more so than MOA. However, I grew up with MOA, but prefer MIL as I feel it's easier to use base 10 versus 1/4 MOA. With that said... most of your hunting folks will probably be using MOA as its easier to speak in "yards" than meters and centimeters. The whole MIL vs MOA debate is constantly talked about but both work the same way... pick your poison and stick with it. Good luck!

I'm in the same boat without the time crunch (other than I want to go to the range with my new to me rifle ASAP). I'm using the reticle as a deciding factor. I am leaning towards a basic "christmas tree" design and likely illuminated. My eyes are not good enough to see the first focal plane reticles when dialed at upper magnifications. However, I understand and appreciate their purpose.

I'm in the same boat without the time crunch (other than I want to go to the range with my new to me rifle ASAP). I'm using the reticle as a deciding factor. I am leaning towards a basic "christmas tree" design and likely illuminated. My eyes are not good enough to see the first focal plane reticles when dialed at upper magnifications. However, I understand and appreciate their purpose.
A "christmas tree" style reticle is really only useful in a situation where you are quickly making follow up shots. I've used both traditional and tree reticles and can say that in ALL situations, competition or hunting (or simply target shooting) that I prefer a less cluttered reticle so I can see my impacts. Seeing impacts is more important to me than anything else.

Yes, the reticle is a tough choice for me. I have a VX3 Leupold with the Target Dot on my .22-250. I love it while shooting paper. I successfully used holdover/off for elevation/windage on a recent prairie dog shoot. So, I too prefer a less cluttered reticle.

I'm scoping a 6.5 SAUM and will likely try some sort of minimal christmas tree design.

My point is....I am shopping for the reticle and not necessarily for the scope brand. I will be happy with any of the upper end brands provided I like the reticle.

Looking at the MOAR vs Mil C in the NX8, the moar seems less cluttered to me. I like certian feature about the zeiss better than the nightforce nx8 and a like some things better on the nightforce.

Looking at the MOAR vs Mil C in the NX8, the moar seems less cluttered to me. I like certian feature about the zeiss better than the nightforce nx8 and a like some things better on the nightforce.
I had a zeiss v6 3-18 and wasn't very impressed...
It tunneled really bad making it almost impossible to track shots with a braked 7mm.
I bought a MK5HD 5-25x56 and it's in an entirely different class, the glass is better too.
I'd go NX8 or MK5

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.