Zeiss Conquest V6 Parallax

General RE LEE

Anyone else find that the parallax knob on their Conquest V6 doesn't completely remove parallax? I can still move my head side to side when the knob is all the way to infinity and get a little reticle movement. My Leupold's completely correct parallax when I check.

The Zeiss tracks nicely, the glass is superb and I shoot well with it.

Is this not uncommon with some scopes? I have 2 Zeiss Conquest V6s and they both do this.

Anyone else find that the parallax knob on their Conquest V6 doesn't completely remove parallax? I can still move my head side to side when the knob is all the way to infinity and get a little reticle movement. My Leupold's completely correct parallax when I check.

The Zeiss tracks nicely, the glass is superb and I shoot well with it.

Is this not uncommon with some scopes? I have 2 Zeiss Conquest V6s and they both do this.
I can't say for sure if my mine does that, but I have corrected for parallax many times and have not been alerted by this. I will have to pay more attention next time out and see what happens.

I can't say for sure if my mine does that, but I have corrected for parallax many times and have not been alerted by this. I will have to pay more attention next time out and see what happens.

I found a resolution. When setting up this scope, I did not completely focus the reticle. I did set parallax at infinity, set magnification at 18x and focus reticle against a blank wall. I discovered last night I needed an additional 1/4 turn on the fast focus eye piece to sharpen the reticle so that on full zoom, the image will sharpen and the parallax is corrected.

I confirmed this morning at distant objects the scope functions properly. Great glass.

I found a resolution. When setting up this scope, I did not completely focus the reticle. I did set parallax at infinity, set magnification at 18x and focus reticle against a blank wall. I discovered last night I needed an additional 1/4 turn on the fast focus eye piece to sharpen the reticle so that on full zoom, the image will sharpen and the parallax is corrected.

I confirmed this morning at distant objects the scope functions properly. Great glass.
I will have to try that. Thanks for the tip.

The only scopes I have this issue is Nightforce on the NSX line for some reason. I have seen a couple threads about it, upgraded to the ATACR line and don't have any issues.

The only scopes I have this issue is Nightforce on the NSX line for some reason. I have seen a couple threads about it, upgraded to the ATACR line and don't have any issues.

There was a lengthy thread on Snipers Hide about ATACRS having a long reticle focus. Some have to find the right reticle focus adjustment to get a correct focus/parallax.

I've found my Zeiss will appear sharp, but some additional adjustment was needed for my eyes to clear up parallax/focus down range.

Been seeing a lot of Zeiss scopes with parallax issues lately, a lot more than there should be. The problem I'm seeing is when the Ret is focused right the image is off, when the image is clear the Ret is not quite right.

Been seeing a lot of Zeiss scopes with parallax issues lately, a lot more than there should be. The problem I'm seeing is when the Ret is focused right the image is off, when the image is clear the Ret is not quite right.

A lot of that can be corrected by adjusting the fast focus eye piece.