Zeiss 85mm vs Swarovski 80HD or Leica 77AP

Take your pick really, they are all great. I have owned 2 of the 3 and they were awesome. I have a Zeiss 85 for my heavy, low light scope, close to the truck and then I have a new Swaro 65 ATM coming that will be the scope I take on long walks and back pack trips. I had a 65 ATS previsously and a elk guide talked me out of it last fall, so I am replacing with a ATM. Check with Doug from Cameraland or Lerch from 3rd Generation, both sponsors here. I have bought mine from these two guys. Personnally I think the Zeiss is the best deal in the scopes you are asking about, but everybodies eyes are differant.

Swarovski,

Only have an opinion on one of your choices. I borrowed a Swarovski 80hd last year from a friend for our elk trip. We spotted two bulls eight miles away. When we finally got to them they were 400 yards from the power pole I saw them bed down next to. Before the use I did not know if they were worth the money. Npw I know they are worth every penny.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.