zeiss 85 or Kowa 77 XD

ZSteinle

Which would you prefer. Around the same price $2100. I would really like to get the Kowa 88 Prominar from what people are saying about it. Cant decide if i should save a few dollars and get a lesser scope or just buck up and spend the extra $450 and get the best of the best. Would be using it at the range and for spotting game at a mile plus.

Which would you prefer. Around the same price $2100. I would really like to get the Kowa 88 Prominar from what people are saying about it. Cant decide if i should save a few dollars and get a lesser scope or just buck up and spend the extra $450 and get the best of the best. Would be using it at the range and for spotting game at a mile plus.

Well if your going to get a spotter i would look at swarovski over both other brands and i have the kowa 88. i love the scope but it does not come close to swarski. i will be getting a swarovski spotter as soon as i save a little more. i had the kowa out lope hunting this year and the glass is really good but soon as i would put up the swarovski it was night and day difference. i was able to find animals so much ezer. so here real soon I'm buying a swarovski. i got my kowa from bearbaseson out fitters they had the best price as a package good luck

Thanks for the input. It is nice to hear some real world results with the kowa 88 Prominar. Just everything i have read on birding sights and such says the 88 rated a little higher than the swaro

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.