Your Personal RESULTS with custom long range HUNTING rifles built buy a PROFESSIONAL?

I have a few custom rifles, yeah my obvious white privilege is showing through. I run ladders and develop all my own loads. Some companies will do it for you but why? Do it yourself and be sure you have the best cocktail. I have first hand worked with the following companies and know the builder, smith, and staff directly. Phone numbers, first name stuff etc...

GAP is awesome - also have a 6.5 GAP that I have run since about 2012/13. Shoots 140 gr VLDH's sub 1/2 MOA from day one and has through a 459 round count. GAP says a bbl will last 2000+ so we shall see. Shoots right around .25
Also have a 30 Nosler they did for me with same outcome with 210 ablrs. Shoots right around .4
Also have a 7mm/338 Norma Improved - yup same outcome with 195 Berger. Shoots around .4

Snowy Mtn Rifle built 2 for me. A 7/300 PRC wildcat and a 6MM CM. ...again, consistent sub 1/2 MOA rifles with the 6mm right around .2
Also did a 22-250 ai some time ago...probably 1250 rounds through it and still performing. Just did my second ladder test on it due to some chamber burn, it tuned right in and shoots in the high 2s

All rifles have Kahles scopes on them with all the sexy carbon stocks, barrels, and high end triggers.

I have a few custom rifles, yeah my obvious white privilege is showing through. I run ladders and develop all my own loads. Some companies will do it for you but why? Do it yourself and be sure you have the best cocktail. I have first hand worked with the following companies and know the builder, smith, and staff directly. Phone numbers, first name stuff etc...

GAP is awesome - also have a 6.5 GAP that I have run since about 2012/13. Shoots 140 gr VLDH's sub 1/2 MOA from day one and has through a 459 round count. GAP says a bbl will last 2000+ so we shall see. Shoots right around .25
Also have a 30 Nosler they did for me with same outcome with 210 ablrs. Shoots right around .4
Also have a 7mm/338 Norma Improved - yup same outcome with 195 Berger. Shoots around .4

Snowy Mtn Rifle built 2 for me. A 7/300 PRC wildcat and a 6MM CM. ...again, consistent sub 1/2 MOA rifles with the 6mm right around .2
Also did a 22-250 ai some time ago...probably 1250 rounds through it and still performing. Just did my second ladder test on it due to some chamber burn, it tuned right in and shoots in the high 2s

All rifles have Kahles scopes on them with all the sexy carbon stocks, barrels, and high end triggers.
Snowy Mtn Rifle built 2 for me. A 7/300 PRC wildcat and a 6MM CM
6mm Creedmoor or Competition Match?

First build was .308 Win
Second build was 6.5 CM
About 8 years apart.

Both builds he had me develop load with virgin cases and load data he used.
I considered both hot loads (back then) but he's the expert not me.
He broke in rifle and did cleaning process to his regiment.
.308 had .75 MOA
6.5 had 1.10 MOA

Gave me suggestions what charge to play around with now that cases have been shot. My first trip out with each build brought 3 different loads. Picked load with best MV matched with MOA. 2nd trip out ringing steel to 800 with 308 and 1000 with 6.5.

Absolutely waste of money for 80% of the cost. (Have only three, and if not for my son wanting matching rifles it would have stopped at two.) Performance per dollar spent, not counting the time wasted waiting. Yes, one custom has my longest (ranged) kills. (only 650, 800yds) Why? because that is the only cartridge I had in a sporter weight rifle able deliver the velocity at impact yardage I want. Now I have several factory rifles capable of the velocity minimum I want.

With the right smith and top end components and great load development its not surprising at all.
No, it still is haha. I guess we need to clarify what a rifle must do in order to be a .25 min. rifle. Does it have to produce 1, 3 shot group that's .25 moa or smaller? 1, 5 shot group? Does it have to do it every single time? Does it have to do it the majority of the time (51% or greater)? Does it need to average .25 moa? Over how many groups? Really, we need to define the parameters in which a rifle must perform within to call it a certain moa number.

I have two--- 338 edge by R-BROS \\ LRKM 338 TERMINATOR by Carlock both are great
shooters and have taken deer and bear over 1000 yrds
9B1CFFFB-B97A-44BB-80E9-6BD87A9BFE49.jpeg

I remember this one with your R Bros .338 Edge
1046 yards using Exbal and a 300gr SMK.
Over 1800 rounds later that gun still shoots in the same hole

I had two rifles built, and one under way, by Kirby Allen, @Fiftydriver (before he was famous), one, a 300 Win Mag on a Model 70 action and one on a Sako .375 rebuilt as a .257 STW. That was a long time ago. Leupold Mark IV scope on the 300, VX5 HD 3-15x44 on the .257, Talley rings. It had a Mark IV too, but a friend needed it more than I did, in tough times, so I passed it along. The .300 accounted for many deer and elk, several antelope and 2 caribou, all one-shot kills. To this day, puts the first two Federal Premium Barnes touching.

.257 STW takes coyote and PDs at 500 yards.

I passed the .300 along to my SIL, Active Duty Army. Even the Ranger snipers who shot it were impressed. And their rifles and scopes are like mega bucks.

He's building a 6.5 CM for my granddaughter, so 3 generations of hunters in our family. That's how much we trust his work.

Every time I look at a factory rifle (other than Sako, Cooper, or Dakota, and 2 of 3 no more exist) I just say no.

Maybe they shoot, and maybe they don't. Why gamble?

If I want another rifle, which I likely won't (which I said 5 rifles ago) I'll just call Kirby.

I have a few custom rifles. All built by the same man. Once you go with a good quality custom rifle you won't even want to look at a factory rifle anymore. I load my own ammo so I'm no help on that end. Just the first few pics on my phone without scrolling through a bunch of pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_3363.jpeg
    IMG_3363.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2496.jpeg
    IMG_2496.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 25

Recent Posts