You Did WHAT????

My loving bride sorted my cartridge/bullet shelves for me one time. She was so proud, separated them all by calibre, loaded cartridges and bullets all in the same bunch.

"Really? I thought they were all the same thing :)"

Just last week I found a box of 7 mauser under several boxes of Hornady bullets. :confused:

I hope y'all don't mind a little humor... This would be a handloader's nightmare... LOL

a1bd135001e00cf3854b9b7d118fd87da2ddbb0e.jpg
Too funny by far.
Bout 30 years ago I was off on a business trip. When I came back my wife was all proud of herself for cleaning my garage for me.
I was in process of putting an engine and drivetrain into my Cherokee, all non-jeep parts. I probably needed to ask her where engine, tranny, diff parts and tools were for a year or so. Well after I finished my toy.
She has never entertained the thought of cleaning my garage again. One corner is where my reloading station is.

That is funny. About a month ago my wife stepped into my shop and said, "Love what you've done to the place!", turned around and never came back...first and last time in there. She doesn't appreciate the decor of horns and military paraphernalia.:D
She tries, bless her heart. Has bought me 2 firearms: one was a .223 when I wanted a .243, and the other a black powder revolver. The later she said "I got you something you'd never get yourself" and she was right...it is still in the box. Lord knows I am appreciative and I would never say anything otherwise.:D

Seriously thou. How many are keepers.

Mine is DEFINITELY a keeper and she knows to never, under any circumstances to touch any of my firearms or loading equipment. By the same token I NEVER touch any of her private stuff, or wash her clothes, or reorganize the kitchen, or touch her bathroom counter and sink unless the sink gets clogged...or or or or......

32 years ago we were living in a crappy apartment (with ancient '70's shag carpet, this is important), and I was working on my Colt Series '70 1911 IPSC pistol. I had it completely stripped in a magnetic parts tray, down to the smallest pin and spring, and was working on a makeshift bench with a clamp on vise on the kitchen table.

I worked nights, and during the day while I was sleeping my wife gave the tray to my 3 year old to play with, ON the long shag carpet. "He just wanted to look at it like you do! What's the big deal!" I spent an hour on my knees with a huge magnet, and never did find several of the parts, including a mag release button I had checkered 30 LPI, and several pins that I had had NP3'd by Robar.

Turns out after much freaking out by me, that the whole thing was really MY fault, for not having a better job and being able to afford a house with a yard for him. Go figure!

Wouldn't happen my household. My medically-trained wife won't let me put the last few pickles into the new jar. Cross contamination and all that.

Back in some leaner years (me and the family budget), I had managed to accumulate, piece by piece, a fair selection of "designer" hunting wear. $40-$50 a pair socks, a couple sets of Sitka base layers and a few other pieces I wouldn't even admit to friends how much I paid for underwear.
As per usual I dragged in late one night after a cross country drive back to Michigan. Tossed my duffle and a large garbage bag filled with my dirty bits into the laundry room for the next day.
After a good nights sleep I head to the laundry room to sort my gear. Hey babe, where is that trash bag that was in front of the washer? "Oh, I got that out to the street just in time for the garbage truck....."

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.