Yote Equipment?

A person can get a Circe in jackrabbit, one in cotton tail and a standard Critter-call and entertain themselves for days playing with them learning what they can do, plus spending time out in the field seeing what they can call in not just coyotes, fox or bobcats, e-calls just tend to shorten the learning curve although they have their own learning curve. What sounds to play where how much volume to use how long to stay on stand, stand location, when to stop and start the calls, should I turn it on and just let it play or should I do intermittent calling. Even with the e-calls there are things that you can think about and learn to do in differing situations to become a really good caller or a mediocre caller or just a beginning caller, it's all up to the individual what they want out of the time and materials they have at hand as to how they put them to use. The most common mistake I see from beginners is too much volume, then not staying on stand long enough, five minutes seems like twenty minutes, then the incorrect selection of sounds for the stand situation or the time of the year. I've made all of these mistakes and many more it's part of the process especially if you don't have others to ask what you should be doing differently or what you are doing correctly but just in the wrong place. Study, learn and most importantly enjoy yourself and the process. I still believe that all of the e-calls should come with an instructional video just to give new callers an idea of where to begin, like the older hand calls came with written instructions for the new callers.

not to drive another forum but this would be a good question for or just search on there and find the answer https://www.predatormasters.com/

i asked a similar question question, with budget in mind and most of the answers were foxpro
i ended up with the inferno(got it for xmas, not used it yet) but the buy once cry once crowd liked the x24

Hunting Coyotes for my first time this winter, Jan/Feb 2024 in Michigan

Question is calling equipment. What's being used for electronic calling equipment, recommendations?, LOL, "I" know this always opens up the trap door.....watch your step.

And thanks for 🤣🤣🤣playing
Thanks for starting this thread.

Hunting Coyotes for my first time this winter, Jan/Feb 2024 in Michigan

Question is calling equipment. What's being used for electronic calling equipment, recommendations?, LOL, "I" know this always opens up the trap door.....watch your step.

And thanks for 🤣🤣🤣playing
Depends on many factors. Would agree with DSheetz- not staying on set long enough is a common mistake, especially in open country and public ground. I start the season with Foxpro Inferno, but end the season with Circe mouth calls. By the end of the season, coyotes have responded to enough e-calls and been missed by enough hunters or have busted enough sets that they get wary. Mouth calls then are more effective for me because they are more individual.

I use a Foxpro that I've had for years that still works great. I usually have a couple of mouth calls around my neck as well. A howler or two and a distress call are usually what I carry. Beyond that, I lean my pack up against a tree or rock for my back, a pad for my rear end, shotgun across my lap or laying right beside me and rifle up on shooting sticks or a bipod. I use an old arrow with the field point stuck in the ground and a piece of wire coat hanger on the other end with a turkey tail feather tied to it for a decoy. Binoculars and a laser rangefinder round things out.

Every company is going to have their strengths and weaknesses. I have had a couple of Foxpros (Deadbone and Fusion) and a couple of Lucky Ducks and have used my buddy's Icotech. Honestly will never spend a dime on Foxpro ever again. I don't think I called in a single coyote with either of them and the main speaker went out on my Fusion and they wanted like $150 to fix it. My Lucky Duck Rebel has been solid so I grabbed the Revolt. Just spent $100 replacing the remote for it because the screen won't come on anymore, lost the cheapy tripod for it, and almost lost the antenna and decoy for it because the storage compartment in the handle wont seal. If I didn't just spend that money fixing it I would probably try an upper mid range Icotech that has a remote with no screen. My buddies cheap one called in coyotes as good as anything else I have seen.