Yote Equipment?

MI.264

Hunting Coyotes for my first time this winter, Jan/Feb 2024 in Michigan

Question is calling equipment. What's being used for electronic calling equipment, recommendations?, LOL, "I" know this always opens up the trap door.....watch your step.

And thanks for 🤣🤣🤣playing

Question is calling equipment. What's being used for electronic calling equipment, recommendations?, LOL, "I" know this always opens up the trap door.....watch your step.

Been using the Lucky duck super revolt for about a year now I'm very happy with it

I have a Prairie Blaster and I love it. The attached decoy that is remotely controlled has made a huge difference in success, certainly on bobcats. I don't seem to get the time to hunt like I used to, but I was good for 15-20 yotes a year on 2 tracts I called on, and 4-5 cats down east. I would average 1-2 per hunt with my best day 4 coyotes and 3 cats. All the yotes were shot, only two of the cats, as I want to control them, not eradicate.

You might also look at the Icotec models.

In my opinion, you really don't need all the extra BS that comes with some of the e-callers. When adding all these extras in, the price really starts going up.

Look at the distance it will operate from the remote, volume control (how loud will it go), battery duration. Rechargeable batteries are good and make sure it will also work with regular batteries. If you forget to charge it for some reason, you could have regular backup batteries on hand.

Don't pay extra for a special carrying case. Drop it in your backpack.

Just think about what you really need, not all the bells and whistles that makes it sound like you may want it later on.

Here's another thread on the subject, E Call

I have a Foxpro Inferno. Can hold up to 200 calls. I think it was around $200. The only downside is that the moving decoy has to be bought seperately. I had an Icotec (can't remember the model) but the remote would stop functioning on really cold days in Michigan. It was really infuriating to get up early and carry all my gear in, get setup and have the remote just stop working 5 minutes into my set. Get rechargeable batteries as others have mentioned before, and keep some spares on hand. You just never know. I'm in the Lansing area and an pretty new to this as well. Shoot me a PM if you want to swap notes or ideas.

All things will have failures, batteries die, fail in cold or hot weather. Closed reed calls freeze up get spit in them even in hot weather holding dust and corroding they need cleaned and washed in a mild detergent. Take a look at some of the failures with the M-16. No matter what e-call you buy it will have its good, and excellent points as well as some things that might not be to your liking or that you will never use. When you are first starting out calling think about a few things like what sounds will I really want to use will I need a caller that can store 200 sounds if I'm only going to use 10 or twelve of them. Will I get to the point that I really enjoy calling or will I decide that it's not for me. Will I be wanting to call mostly coyotes, or do I want to try for fox, or maybe cats. I had an e-call once that kept changing sounds, but it wasn't the caller it was the location I was calling in, there were high frequency signals being sent to a military installation jamming my calls signals. I have had to put my remote inside my jacket after I got my call up and running to keep the batteries warm. I have needed to use a good dry lube in the bolt on my rifle so that it didn't get sticky in extremely cold temperatures or hold a lot of fine dust in hot dry conditions. Everything that you buy to take with you on your calling adventures need to be maintained and treated in some way so as to lessen the chance of failures, so those things are things that you will want to consider when you are going to make your purchases. Take your time keep reading about all the different features, figuring out what you want and need for your situation by doing your own research, my needs and the needs of all others are different then your needs and the situation you will experience. I might be telling you about my high-priced purchase just to justify it to myself, or I might truly think it was a well justified expenditure of my hard-earned money.

Make life easy, travel light and do it yourself and use a Crittr Call