Yes, it can be done.

What MOA do we think the mount on that Grand is?
Probably really high on the back end. I saw some pictures and read stories of when Carlos mounted a scope on a Ma Deuce and shot an enemy at some outrageous distance. Probably LUCK and had to be a body shot. Now the 50cal BMG with the right barrel, chassis, and scope can produce an effective Sniper Rifle. There are many in service within several Militaries. Barrett was one of the futuristic manufactures of the 50 BMG Sniper Rifle.
If anyone on LRH shoots a 50BMG for ELR they would have info on MOA mounts.

The 600 gr 50 caliber bullet is one of the best BC aero dynamically made. In fact when the Air Force was working with the predecessor of the Skunk Works they used the 50 Cal bullet design to make a aircraft to break the Sound Barrier. X1 Glamorous Glennis (Chuck Yeager's wife's name).

I have shot a similar model of the M-2 that Carlos mounted a scope on when I was in the Corps. They are accurate but mainly used to "Spray" bullets at vehicles at a high rate with devastating power.
After the Marines I had the opportunity to shoot a Jeep at about 800+ yards with a M-2 and destroyed it with AP, SLAP, and Raufoss rounds. Also shot a telephone pole at the same distance and cut it in half with one shot.

It can't be done, not possible!! You can only shoot like that with a several thousand dollar custom rifle and at minimum a several thousand dollar nightforce scope if not a custom tangent theta. Oh and it would only be possible if someone handloaded ammo with like 27 steps in thier proccess. Otherwise this is just not possible. Am I being too sarcastic....?

I have seen other recreations of the shot. Actually you need to use a Model 70 chambered in 30.06 with an 8 power Unertl Scope.
Some of the recreation shots actually did not go through the scope glass. The several scope glass stopped the bullet.
This is a brief history on Carlos.
Semper Fi!
Len

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^

My fuzzy memory thinks most of the failures were done with a completely different optic. One of the failures me thinks was myth busters.

There's a nearly 70 year old Man in Louisiana, name Jerry Miculek, shoots a Barrett 50cal, 27 pounds of rifle, off hand @ 1,000 yards, hits the target a balloon , in 2.1 seconds from the low ready position. He does add that," anybody could do it, with a lot of time." Don't think a guy would have to add any thing to that feat, not a better point man on the planet!! It's all right there on the youtube for anyone to see, just another true real life, American legend. Hornady 750gr A-Max Match ammunition.

Last edited:
No matter what rifle you use you will never duplicate his shot because your not Calos (white feather) you are not in Vietnam jungle your not being hunted by the enemy with a price on your head as the number one target. and you dont have the same skills and understanding because you did not go through what calos went through so in truth your not him. Simper fi..................................

No matter what rifle you use you will never duplicate his shot because your not Calos (white feather) you are not in Vietnam jungle your not being hunted by the enemy with a price on your head as the number one target. and you dont have the same skills and understanding because you did not go through what calos went through so in truth your not him. Simper fi..................................

There is a lot of truth there, but the anomalies makes it tough to read