Yellowstone Darwinism

Yellowstone has plea to all visitors to leave wildlife alone. Saw this and cannot believe on May 28th, 2 black bears, elk and bison were killed by vehicles!! Again park officials plead comply with speed limits!!! Heck I was passed multiple times in double yellow going speed limit by tourons. One was minivan loaded with kids. The park is huge so nobody wants to take the time to travel from one part to another.

So have you been following the moronic antics in the Park this year? Women trying to take selfies with bull bison? One almost in tragedy. Touron (tourist moron) "saved" bison calf crossing river thus separating from mom. Calf had to be euthanized. Touron fined. Just recently, a couple tourons picked up an elk calf and drove it to West Yellowstone in their car to deliver it to Park office to save it. Now there is a guy jumping out of his car and chasing bears. OMG freaking Darwinism!! Please chase a griz sow with cub! Puleaseeeee!!! Somebody innocent minding their own business is going to be harmed or worse from inane actions by dumber than dirt tourons!

You cannot make this stupidity up but yet more ridiculous actions is reported every day. Has our society dumbed down this much?

I say fine the crap out them, take their car, heck take their phones😱!! I really don't know what the solution can be that is effective.

What say you?
Sounds like we have candidates for the Darwin Awards!

So have you been following the moronic antics in the Park this year? Women trying to take selfies with bull bison? One almost in tragedy. Touron (tourist moron) "saved" bison calf crossing river thus separating from mom. Calf had to be euthanized. Touron fined. Just recently, a couple tourons picked up an elk calf and drove it to West Yellowstone in their car to deliver it to Park office to save it. Now there is a guy jumping out of his car and chasing bears. OMG freaking Darwinism!! Please chase a griz sow with cub! Puleaseeeee!!! Somebody innocent minding their own business is going to be harmed or worse from inane actions by dumber than dirt tourons!

You cannot make this stupidity up but yet more ridiculous actions is reported every day. Has our society dumbed down this much?

I say fine the crap out them, take their car, heck take their phones😱!! I really don't know what the solution can be that is effective.

What say you?
Just remember, these people are the ones dropping votes in the ballot box for things like Colorado wolf introduction and bans on predator hunting. It honestly makes my blood boil that we allow the general joe public dummy to have a voice that supersedes biologists.

Just remember, these people are the ones dropping votes in the ballot box for things like Colorado wolf introduction and bans on predator hunting. It honestly makes my blood boil that we allow the general joe public dummy to have a voice that supersedes biologists.
Too many so called biologists are that by title only! Activists by trade.

Complex I live in has a community pool not far from one of the community fishing ponds. The locals feed the ducks, ducks don't migrate, locals go awe when they hatch out a brood. The city closed the golf course behind our community, coyotes, foxes, skunks and coons took over because it has plenty of water and the ducks the locals feed go there to hang out and get away from the locals. So this year a hen decided that the gated community pool was a safe place to raise her clutch. Locals were all awe until one of the local's heathen kid decided to harass mama and offspring, she probably scared him more than hurt him, but the idiot fell over a lounge chair and broke his arm. Local wants Daisy, Huey, Duey and Luey euthanized because they were doing their thing being wild creatures. I told Heathen local's mom that the kid was in the wrong and he should be punished for harassing wildlife, she argued with me and animal control. I planted the seed that wild game was under the jurisdiction of TPWD, I knew one of the local game wardens and texted him to expect a call. Well, her dumb butt called game warden and tried to reason with him and get the ducks euthanized, instead he wrote her a ticket for wildlife harassment and had the community pool closed down until mama decided to vacate or the youngsters could fly. The pool closure ticked off the parents that use it as a babysitter or for quiet time who in turn harassed Heathen's mama.

I was secretly going to the community pool and putting out corn and meal worms for them until they could fly or she decided to go back to the community pond. She might have stayed an extra week or two 🤣.
I had a renter that would mess with the ducks, and ducking. I turn him in. When I lived there I would get cracked corn and feed them. Love to see the ducks.
Won't feed thd ducks bread. They get what is called dropwing. They will eat about anything. We would have as much as 50 ducks at times. This in Missoula MT on there canals going thur the city.
I am in another now unit, but have a small canal behind me again. Only on pair of Mallards here. Never seen any ducking either, and that been about 4 yrs now. I often wonder how many are taken during duck season. I'll never know, but wish the ducks and hunter good luck. **** if you do, and **** if you don't. Full steam ahead.

What say you?
Was in Yellowstone in 1978 with some friends and one of them and his wife along with another friend approached a bison , But they were not close. About sixty or seventy yards. I was behind them and taking pictures with a motor drive 35 mm camera. Three picture set shows the three of them facing the bison who had his butt towards them, picture number two shows the bison swing around and lower his head. Number three shows two out of the three people turning around to run. I looked up to see what the bison going to do, wish I'd keep pressing the shutter button. Bison put on display of who was boss but didn't charge them. I yelled asking if they had all the bison fun they wanted. None of them found it funny, I thought it was hilarious.

Was just in Yellowstone for my Honeymoon the beginning of May in between all the road openings. Got to see a lot of the park without too much traffic or too many idiots. The amount of people who bring their small children to the hot springs was kind of amazing. Kids can't appreciate the wonder or the danger they pose so I don't know why so many people do it with the risk of little Johnny running off to a permanent disability.

Closest I got to a bison out of the car was 23 yards, we were on a walkway by one of the hot springs and when we came around a blind corner it was on the hill above us. Bunch of other people were standing around watching it but me and the wife skipped past them to get away from it. By the time I took this picture from a safe distance it was down closer to 15 yards and before we left it had crossed the path downward. I don't need to be that close to a live bison and if I want to pet one I'll just walk into my hunting room or reach down to the foot of my bed.

IMG_0886.jpeg

Bears are another one, we saw a momma grizzly with two older cubs and people were running up and down the road within 50 yards of her in the brush trying to get a picture. We stayed in the car and took a quick picture before moving on.

IMG_0895.jpeg

Was just in Yellowstone for my Honeymoon the beginning of May in between all the road openings. Got to see a lot of the park without too much traffic or too many idiots. The amount of people who bring their small children to the hot springs was kind of amazing. Kids can't appreciate the wonder or the danger they pose so I don't know why so many people do it with the risk of little Johnny running off to a permanent disability.

Closest I got to a bison out of the car was 23 yards, we were on a walkway by one of the hot springs and when we came around a blind corner it was on the hill above us. Bunch of other people were standing around watching it but me and the wife skipped past them to get away from it. By the time I took this picture from a safe distance it was down closer to 15 yards and before we left it had crossed the path downward. I don't need to be that close to a live bison and if I want to pet one I'll just walk into my hunting room or reach down to the foot of my bed.

View attachment 468734

Bears are another one, we saw a momma grizzly with two older cubs and people were running up and down the road within 50 yards of her in the brush trying to get a picture. We stayed in the car and took a quick picture before moving on.

View attachment 468736
I have a big telephoto lens for my camera so I can be even further away, keep me safer

A tip of the hat to people working in the NP's. There are some that go too far in their fanatics, but trying to keep the tourons from destroying everything is very hard. The picture below shows a bear watching over a kill in YNP. Some idiots were approaching directly across the river to take a picture. The rangers were pushing them back.
IMG_0034.jpeg