Yellowstone Vacation early June

We ended up staying at the Hatchet resort enjoyed it very much. The menu was limited but the food was awesome. Went to YS on the 9th the day we saw the wolf. took over 1100pics which I need to sort through. I used my spotter with a phonskope attachment. I ordered the wrong holder for my phone and had to use some duct tape and other items to get my phone to reasonably fit to work. I used a nikon black to range the long pics and just some of the cool stuff we saw. I would like to thank everyone for the tips on where and what to do. We had some flurries on the 7th 8th and 9th. We landed at Denver in 91 degree heat. We took the 287by-pass to see the snowy range pass. It was flurries there at the 10,800' marker 31 and the wind was howling 25-30knts. We hit the snow line at about 8,000' and had mule deer all over the side of the roads eating. Lots of pronghorn once we got down to the rolling sage.
These are just some of the shots I uploaded. I have alot of work to do when I get home to see what is in the videos and some of the 50 pic strings I took while the subjects were running around.
Here is a list of what we saw, Pronghorn, bighorn, mule deer elk bison grizzly wolf otter sand cranes bald eagles trout and a few things I am not sure of. I believe we saw sage grouse at one point something that looked like a fischer cat but much bigger in body and I believe a badger but it is near impossible to see in the pictures I took of it. I could see it with the spotter but my phone camera I just couldn't be sure.
Some pictures were taken at 16-25x some were over 40x with the wolf and a mature bull elk I know I was at 45 or 48x(max is 48)
Most are 200-400yds away some are under 50yds but not many. The wolf had a den in the bank she is on and that bank was 1800yds. The bull elk was at 2885 as I was able to get a range off the trees or rock that he was coming out of. That was an average of 1/2 dozen positive readings. Overall I felt the rangefinder lived up to the task.

Attachments

• wolf profie.jpg
    wolf profie.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 39
  • bighorn with lamb.jpg
    bighorn with lamb.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 62
  • bears pair.jpg
    bears pair.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 60
  • bison bull.jpg
    bison bull.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 61
  • bison herd.jpg
    bison herd.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 39
  • elk calf.jpg
    elk calf.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 42
  • elk nap.jpg
    elk nap.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 44
  • elk collar.jpg
    elk collar.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 37
  • elk close.jpg
    elk close.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 49
  • elk bull far.jpg
    elk bull far.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 59
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.