XOTIC 4-16 X 56 scope feedback

G

Anybody have any experience with this new scope I noticed on SWFA?
Clarity comparisions and tracking reliability?
APB

Aussie

There are a couple of guys on Snipers hide forum that are doing evaluations on them. They also tested the beta models and and said they were great. They should have reviews up in a month or so.

The two guys are very respected over there for their reviews and i am waiting to see the final outcome and if it is still praise for the scope i am going to get one before the price goes up.

I've had the XOTIC for a month and have taken it on 3 pig hunts.

Bottom line, for any scope in the $800.00 range or less, the XOTIC beats them hands down in most every category. I think it will challenge most of the scopes in the $1100 to $1500 range and hang right with them.

I took my Leuy 10X MK 4 a long on an evening hunt last Friday. The XOTIC has noticeably better optics over Leuy's best scope, cost 25 to 33% less and gave me 3 1/2 more minutes of hunting at dusk.

Comparing the optics to my 3-yearold MK 4 is like comparing the MK4 to a Simmons or tasco, except the Leuy is the Simmons or Tasco. The optics on the XOTIC are brighter, images are crisp to the edges, dusk colors are more vibrant and clear and light transmissions is much better than the leuy when they're both set on 10X.

This is one of the best values in scopes I've ever owned. Some of the folks on the other boards are saying the scope's optics are right in line with S&B's and US Optics top of the line scopes.

For tracking, plain and simple, it's tracks dead nuts on. It tracks precisely at 1/4 moa as advertised. My first shot after mounting the scope was 6" low and 6 1/4 inches right. 24 clicks up and 25 clicks left and the next shot was in the X.

The only draw back I've found on this scope is the size. It's the biggest scope I've ever owned. I would have liked to have seen them come out with a 40 to 44 mm objective, instead of the 56 mm bell.

I have not seen one unfavorable feedback on the scope yet. Everyone's feedback has been very positive.

Hope it helps.

AR-15053.jpg

Is it a 30mm tube? What is the elevation adjustment? Do you know if they are planning to come out with higher magnification models?

LOBO,

Great hearing back from you.

The XOTIC has 105 minutes of elevation and 90 minutes of windage and also has a 30 mm tube.

A lot of us are hoping they come out with a smaller bell, but I don't know what the next configurations will be.

It really is a fantastic scope.

Hope it helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.