XOTIC Tactical Scopes

Jeff In TX

I thought I read a while back about someone testing and reviewing the new XOTIC tactical scope line getting ready to come out this spring.

Does anyone have any feedback on how it performed and are the optics as good as they say.

Thanks,

Jeff

Here's a couple to keep your interest.
I did the testing.

vert.jpg

size.jpg

2frnt.jpg
ussfl2.jpg

Hoodcounty,

Great pictures and since you did some of the testing, give us some feedback.

Are they as good as they say and are they worth the money?

What were the pro's & con's, good, bad and the ugly? What was they second scope you compared it against? Was a Tasco super sniper?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

[ QUOTE ]
Are they as good as they say and are they worth the money

[/ QUOTE ]
I have not seen the production units. You're looking at one of the prototypes that's been beat to pieces, or at least we tried to.
The question is how will the production units turn out.
To answer your question, if the prod units are as good as the prototype ( pictured unit has all the final mods done)
Then they will be as good as reputed and worth far more than the asking price.

[ QUOTE ]
What were the pro's & con's, good, bad and the ugly..

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly don't know how to answer this one. I played with prototypes so when we found something to change it was changed and we moved on. Those things for example were the internal finish....factory people still don't beleive we were able to flake it. They rethought the coating process, and if you'll look at the dings on the proto you'll see where we tried to do it again and could not.
We did not particularly care for the original control knob mounting and changed that to a single beefed up top mounted screw.
The parallax knob design and mounting was altered from the original.
Everything else was good to go.
You'll like the 56mm or you won't.........I like it since all my stocks are adjustable, and the 1 unit that is not I shoot with a jawline weld which is extremely consistant.
They tell me size matters but for me it's not an issue here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Was that a super sniper?

[/ QUOTE ]

The side by side shots are with an SS1042M series scope, current production.

Hoodcounty,

Thanks for feedback. I'm placing my order this evening. I figure the warranty they're offering I can't go wrong.

Jeff

sure do look alot alike.... same company offering different scope???

Who is Xotic? who'd they buy or requisition, merge, etc....

Ric,
Different company, different factory, different engineers.
XOTIC..need to as Chris @ SFWA that question, he does business with them. I'm just the trigger puller /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.