XHR vs Sendero

T308

Hey guys, been looking at the remington XHR and the sendero, both in either 300wm or 300rum, I have friends that have the sendero and swear buy them, I dont know anyone who owns a XHR with the triangular barrel but they spark my attention, im hunting big game up to 1000 yrds at times, any ideas on which i should go with ?????

ive got a couple buddys that had the triagle barreled rems and ended up trading them off because they never found accuracy with them. Id go sendero hands down if given the choise.

If the XHR is discontinued, looks like your question just got answered for you. :D

Funny part is, I was gonna suggest the Sendero anyway. Love mine! They're ****-accurate for a factory rifle. My SF 7mm STW will shoot 1 ragged hole cloverleafs @ 100. :cool:

Thanks for the input!! I think it will be the sendero! Now just down to optics:) was looking at the vortex 6.5-20x50 ffp, not to hard on the pocket but will it withstand 300wm or 300 rum!

Look into the Vortex Viper HS LR FFP 6-24x50 with the MOA reticle. It's about the same price as the other Vortex, but I like the reticle better since I am a holdover windage kind of guy. I like my left and right to stay zero'd despite wind, so holdover works better for me in that aspect.

Also, the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 with the target turrets and mildot reticle is an excellent alternative. And both are excellent quality and very similar in quality, but I would venture to say the Zeiss has slightly better glass and reflective coatings. I have lots of time behind Zeiss scopes, but only a little time behind the Vortex scopes. But from what I see, they are very similar in quality.

I would agree with the Sendero choice. That being said, I wanted the Sendero but couldn't afford it at the time. I found a xhr at Sportsman's Warehouse on clearance for about $650 a couple of years ago. It has been a great gun! It has taken 1 deer and 6 elk. I have it sighted in at 200 yards and use the factory remington scirroco tipped power level 3 150 grain bullets. I have taken the deer and two of the elk. The others have been taken by cousins and friends who have wanted to borrow it. I am a firm believer of you get what you pay for and no doubt about it, I think the sendero is the superior gun. But if you can find a .300 rum in the xhr for a descent price, don't let the crazy triangle barrel scare you away. I have had nothing but fun with mine!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.