Xcaliber Barrels are they any good?

He also sells on (E) Bay........he seems to have good reviews on there. X-caliber seem to be a either love em, or hate em on the reviews.... search this site, seems like there has been 3-4 threads in the past year on X-caliber. I'd say read them and form your own opinion! I've looked at them but never bought one.

Only have first hand experience with 2 - they both shoot 1/2 MOA to 1 MOA very consistently.

I got them on a sweet deal. Now that the prices have increased on those Excalibur's I would without question go with a benchmark, Bartlein, Brux etc myself.

The only experience I have is one on my cousin's custom 270 WSM. It's a good shooter and doesn't seem to be a bad barrel in anyway. I would however lean more towards a Criterion barrel in that price range. I've heard more mixed reviews on X-Caliber than most other barrels. However, I can't recall hearing anything bad about Criterion barrels and have heard nothing but good things about them from a lot of people.

The only experience I have is one on my cousin's custom 270 WSM. It's a good shooter and doesn't seem to be a bad barrel in anyway. I would however lean more towards a Criterion barrel in that price range. I've heard more mixed reviews on X-Caliber than most other barrels. However, I can't recall hearing anything bad about Criterion barrels and have heard nothing but good things about them from a lot of people.

I would except they dont make one in 6.5 prc or 300 wsm. I have asked.

I have had 2 of their barrels and they are good barrels for sure.

Check out Preferred Barrels. They have a huge list of chamberings they offer and they make prefits for many different actions.

Check out Preferred Barrels. They have a huge list of chamberings they offer and they make prefits for many different actions.
Have also heard good and BAD about preferred blanks. I guess everyone makes a bad one from time to time. Borescope photos of a preferred blank I saw was full of tooling marks.

Have also heard good and BAD about preferred blanks. I guess everyone makes a bad one from time to time. Borescope photos of a preferred blank I saw was full of tooling marks.
Eww that's no good. I've never done a prefit before, but if I did I'd just use a Criterion or have someone make up one from a Bartlein.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.