Are xcaliber or Apache Quality barrels?

upjeeper

I've seen a few xcaliber and Apache barrels for sale lately
I'm not familiar with those brands
Any feedback? Or best to stick with brux, criterion, bartlein, etc?

thank you

Well here's my 2 cents...I may be wrong here, but I personally don't think xcaliber is really "above" factory barrels. What's nice about them is being able to order them to your specs and prefit. I have 2 Bartlein, one proof and one Brux. Those are all 1000 times better when it comes to finish and smoothness of the bore. If you want a budget build go xcaliber (I did with a 6 Dasher on a Rem 783 action) if you're going all in don't skimp on it and stick with Bartlein/Proof/Brux/etc.

You might also think about Benchmark barrels they offer button and cut rifled every one I have ever used was a top notch barrel in my opinion

No complaints here- I have an Xcaliber 1:8 22-250 AI and it shoots very well. Definitely happy with it. For the price, it's a great option. I wanted to throw together a relatively inexpensive build on a Savage 10 action. The Xcaliber fit the bill nicely.

Here's 8 shots at 100 while fireforming.
D5E56829-6424-41B5-935B-BB2D08CB57B5.jpeg

They shoot well, I have 4 and I have 2 buddies that have 2 each. All of our barrels were X-caliber blanks spun up by apache gunworks. That's two shots at 1100 yards with a 6.5 creedmoor on a Savage action and Apache gunworks barrel. The wallet is just for scale and I know others shoot better than me but I was happy with that.
1599424000754.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.