x bolt are they any good

Terrytf

OK I'm sorry another question about a rifle still have not made up my mind yet . but I was just offered a x bolt in new model white gold 7mm rem mag for under 1k

Last edited:
I have not held one. No doubt it is a fine rifle. It's just not my style.

I would not want a 6.5lb 7mm RM. A muzzle brake would be essential for me. I do not like the BOSS system if that's even an option.

It looks like a good rifle for the average hunter to sight in annually and tote around deer camp for a couple of weekends a year.

JMO
-- richard

Terry,

6.5lb w/o scope is what I read. So, you're probably right.

I have a brake on my 7mm RM Sendero. I don't know the weight. But, I'm sure it's much heavier. It's a real pleasure to shoot 20 rounds at 500-1,000 yds.

If you like the rifle and think it'll work, you should buy it. Unless you plan to compete, the only person you have to please is yourself. You can hunt just about anything in North America.

Richard

Thanks Richard yes I'm going in to do paper Monday it all came down to the wood stock and this x bolt white gold I really like it . best wood on a stock rifle I've seen out of the box

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.