Wyoming Antelope: Little big guy

Attachments

• CA93322F-2EFF-4537-8671-71F12DC4243D.jpeg
    CA93322F-2EFF-4537-8671-71F12DC4243D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
So my antelope area opened yesterday so I went out to try and find a decent goat. My goal was to harvest a 15" tall goat between 700-1000 yards shooting my 30SM match rifle prone. I'm running the 245gr EOL's at 3040fps around 1/2 moa @1k. I've only had the opportunity to harvest one (1) small buck a few years ago so I wanted this one to count.
I passed on a few first thing and 2 hours in I saw what I thought was a 15" plus goat with half a dozen does in tow. I couldn't get a decent shot at any distance prone so I used my tripod and shot him at 702 yards right when he stepped forward. Shot was behind both shoulders and a through and through. He ran about 20 feet and tanked. Well I got to him and was happy but realized he was not a 15 inch goat. Still a decent buck. I didn't cape him out and just quartered it up and kept the head. Today I measured him to see where he would land. I was thinking mid 70's which isn't bad. Without deductions it measured 84-6/8.
Should I go ahead as planned and just do a European mount or should I try and see if a taxidermist can round up enough hide to do a full mount? I'm leaning towards the European mount. I am going to have someone help me re measure to make sure I did it right. This was my first attempt and might have messed up somewhere. I have attached the form with all of my numbers. I didn't deduct the difference. Either way I am happy with this year's harvest and grateful for the meat in the freezer that will provide food for me and my family.
Thanks
Jeremy
View attachment 393611View attachment 393612View attachment 393613View attachment 393614
Euro for sure.

Euro for sure.
Just for the record, I hate all of you guys and gals who live out west and have access to hunt these goats on an annual basis. All jokes aside congratulations on a nice buck and great shooting as well. You can't go wrong with whatever decision you decide to make, but a shoulder mount would be beautiful if you can find a cape.

That is a very deceptive antalope, I would have said 76 at best! Not trying to be a jerk just a very big score for a14 inch goat with 6.2 basses totally fooled me.

Gorgeous critter, for me it'd be a wall mount with a light turn.

Score be darned it's a heck of a buck.

(side note, something to me isn't adding up on the score...maybe I haven't had enough Red Bull)

I think I would find myself an official Boone & Crockett scorer. If I recall correctly, 82" net makes the book.
I am going to have someone re measure it. After reading into it more I did not score it correctly. I am also going to re measure it myself. I have been managing a shutdown this past week and have not had the time. Hopefully I will soon and u will edit with the new smaller score. I am thinking it will land around 79 inches.