Wyoming Antelope

squirrelduster

My Dad and I want to go to Wyoming next year to hunt Antelope. He is getting old but still in good shape so we don't want to wait a bunch of years to get drawn for some trophy area. He really doesn't care about getting a monster.

Any recommendations on an area we could put in for with decent odds of being drawn with some land that we could hunt on. BLM or whatever.

Thanks

31, 26, 25 in the areas of Casper and Douglas. Also contact WY DNR and they are very helpful.

yes something near casper or just north of casper. look for public roads on bml maps!!!! than check WY DNR for draw odds. you can get doe tags all day long. just make up your mind that you are going and then make it happen. thats what i did and man did we have a blast!!!!!

How difficult is it for out-of-state folks to get drawn or get a buck tag for Antelope in Wyoming. I'm from Indiana and I want to get out there this next fall with my dad and do some hunting.

alot of area's are 100% draw. an antelope hunt is very easy to put together. just do your homework. i planned for 10 months picking up bits of info every week. search all the forums and study the WY dnr site.

i just when pronghorn hunting in wy for the first time. my father and i put in for unit 23 (gillette) we were excited and felt lucky to get drawn. then found out unit 23 is almost always a 100% draw. there were goats everywhere (litterally) it was a great time

Newcastle whyoming is pretty good. Me, my dad, and my sister all shot a buck. They were all 13 inches. From MN and first time in Whyoming and went with Dampier lodge and they are first class!

"Slow is smoothe and smoothe is fast"

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.