Wyatt 700 SA Extended Box

Yes. I had no real problems other than the usual 'light' tuning I pay attention to. My personal .300WSM has one. Built on a SM action to begin with. Ought to part with that rifle, as I don't have the time to shoot it and have a .300 Win Mag anyway. Have dies and brass to go with it if you have any interest. I've use Wyatts boxes for many years without any major problems.

I am in same boat, hard to give up the 300WM! But I decided to build one off a factory SPS model thinking my son would like it. Nope prefers his 06 so that is fine too but just tinkering to get little more out of it.

For the one I have, I bought the action new. Trued it (it has a RR serial number, so it didn't take much), fixed positive extraction timing (new Holland bolt handle), installed a new Hart , 1-10 twst. barrel @25" (#4 contour), installed a Shilen trigger set @ 2 1/2#, bedded it into a McMillian Remington Sporter stock with Marine-Tex. It has Sunny Hill 'BDL' style, steel bottom metal and , of course, the Wyatts extended mag box. I had the action and barrel Melonite/Black Nitride treated and Ceracoat flat black the bottom metal, bolt handle and bolt shroud. Shoots Hornady 165g SPBT really well for just being a load I 'through together'. I stay pretty busy between the machine shop and my gunsmith shop. Little time to play with my own builds. I may post it on Guns International. Someone should get some use out of this!

Last edited:
Sounds like an awesome build...I'm envious.
Too difficult for me getting Sunny Hill BM. My last went on my Mauser 98 in 338-06, they closed my account and informed me they no longer ship outside the US.
Luckily PT&G still send me stuff no questions asked.

Shortgrass,
Do you swap out recoil lugs and use pinned jobs?
I like 1/4" tapered twin pin by PT&G. Every one I have bought has been perfectly flat and measured identical thickness.

Cheers.

I use Sunny Hill lugs. Exporting any gun parts, even to an Ally is a complete cluster, and it is certain to get worse with the mind set of our current administration. The bigger companies can afford the cost in regulations to export, the smaller companies can not justify the cost in fees and required paper work for limited overseas sales. The Sunny Hill BDL bottom metal I have been using is part #s 516 and 526 that cost in the neighborhood of $200, or so. For use on a custom Mauser or Win 70 I have been using Blackburn Bottom Metal, made by Swift Bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.