Wyatt's extended box?

Buttermilk

Can anyone point me in the right direction on which Wyatt's extended box I need?

I have a Remington M700 LSS LH in 300 RUM that I want to install the Wyatt's extended box on.

After looking at Wyatt's website, I'm left feeling unsure as to which one I need.

Pretty sure the one I want/need is the MBE-3. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.
Rog

OK. Got it figured out. :)

MBE-3 is the one that mimics factory style feeding.
CFE-12 is the one the converts to a center feed and might be a bit more finicky to fit.

Thanks! :)

Rog

Well, I didn't realize there was one that would allow a 4" COAL.

My current throat in my factory barrel allows about a 3.8" OAL, so the one i ordered will work.

If not, I'll do the 4" version later.

Thanks.
Rog

Edd, I actually did check that out. It's part of what led to my uncertainty as to which specific box I wanted.

There are at least three Wyatt extended boxes that will work. I picked the one that will suit my needs.

Just found this thread, also looking for help. I am going to be shooting 215gn Berger hybrids from a300 win mag, what would be the best extended magazine for a rem 700.I don't want a detachable magazine. Thanks

I went with the MBE-3 which is only the box. It allows about a 3.825" OAL.

The CFE-12 is the same length but includes a follower for center feed. (Factory Remington feeds from the side).

The CFE-9 is a box and follower for center feed and allows ~4" OAL .

So essentially you pick based on what you want or how your chamber/throat is set up.

The 300WM might be fine in a factory Rem box at 3.6", even with a Berger 210. At most, I'd think the box that allows 3.825" would be more than ample.

Does the MBE-3 use the factory follower and spring or do you need to buy those to fit the MBE-3 specifically

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.