• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS - Super-size, custom, aluminum rifle case

ELR Researcher

Super-size, custom, aluminum rifle case - SOLD AND SHIPPED

Custom, heavy industrial construction, aluminum rifle case by Americase - https://www.americase.com/

Dimensions:

Exterior – 77 x 20.5 x 9 (plus 1" on length and width for wheel protrusion) – will fit, barely, into the "regular" length beds of many full size pickups (check yours to be sure)

Interior – 73.25 x 17.75 x 2 (innermost opening – with the 2" thick center foam removed, all other foam pieces are glued in place)

Weight – approximately 67# (bathroom scale)

Construction features:

> .080 thick aircraft aluminum sheet

> (3) recessed spring-back handles – see example here (https://www.americase.com/images/pages/instruments/conga_drums_case_open.jpg)

> (4) heavy latches with hasps – see example link just above. Please note that both the handles and latches are stand-alone units, riveted into recesses, not the much cheaper-to-provide small pieces riveted into stamped recesses as shown in their gun case section of their website

> (8) heavy, metal, industrial corner caps

> (2) 33" long sections of piano hinge, riveted in place

> (2) large bumpers at the wheel end to allow the case to stand upright

> (2) heavy straps to support the top when open

> 1" of heavy, closed-cell, polyethylene foam inside the entire aluminum structure (top, bottom, and ends)

> 2" of soft, light charcoal foam in each of the top and bottom sections

> 2" of heavy, closed-cell, polyethylene foam in the center – removable, what would be cut to the shape of your firearm(s)

> Heavy, lipped, rubber seal at the interface between the top and bottom sections

> ¼" thick rubber top sheet/protective cover, added by seller (needs to be professionally glued in place – if it is to be retained – currently held in place by the provided but inadequate adhesive backing, reinforced by packing tape)

Condition – basically new with the addition of the rubber sheet protector; no dents or scratches. Never used, never even configured to a specific rifle or rifles.

Why I/m selling – excess to my current needs (all my current and in-process builds either have folding or removable buttstocks or the barreled action stores side-by-side with the chassis/stock).

$545 plus, if applicable, shipping (from 90277 – Redondo Beach, CA). Payment by check or MO, pickup/shipment after payment clears my bank.

Attachments

• IMG_1587 - cropped.jpg
    IMG_1587 - cropped.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1592 cropped.jpg
    IMG_1592 cropped.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1595 cropped.jpg
    IMG_1595 cropped.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1600 cropped.jpg
    IMG_1600 cropped.jpg