WTHELLO Are They Eating?

Muddyboots

So I have a mulching decomposition pile in backyard for leaves. Deer are tearing it apart! There were 6 deer on the pile tonite that is at most 40 yds behind house. Obviously there is something there they are wanting big time. Mostly oak leaves but some leaves from bradford pear trees.

So what do you think they are after?
62BD7040-84FF-4013-8086-5BEDFAC7226A.jpeg

So I have a mulching decomposition pile in backyard for leaves. Deer are tearing it apart! There were 6 deer on the pile tonite that is at most 40 yds behind house. Obviously there is something there they are wanting big time. Mostly oak leaves but some leaves from bradford pear trees.

View attachment 340036
Anything not frozen due to heat from the compost

View attachment 340036
GOin for da pears

SO, these deer are the culprits for the explosion of Bradford Pear trees across the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding as I had deer eating hay with cattle last week when we got several inches of snow. I drove in the field and they did not pay any attention to me and got within 10 yards of the deer. I was impressed that they only trotted off about 20 yards and just stood there until I left, then went back to the spot to eat hay. I had seen deer munching on round bales in my hay lot as well after the snow and ice.

I think it's a combination of all good things ,their Very smart ,inquisitive,love to play ,didn't read all the posts but I'm sure our forum members have it covered , Beautiful picture ,thks ,Every one remember go Varmit hunting if you can ,and don't release your pets into the wild , meaning dogs and house cats . Stray dogs team up and kill thousands of deer per year ,hose cats kill song birds and nesting wild birds ,Smartin Up America and stop this CRAP !!!. Cheers!

Recent Posts