WTB a Big ***

Swoon, swoon! I think I'm in love, or something' :D

Braved a 150 mile drive, one way, on snowy roads and interstate traffic and followed the gps to the ugliest **** animal that I have ever seen.

Yep, a mammoth jack. If it's body matched its head that sucker would weight 1600 pounds.

This is the one in northern Ut.

He's a good solid 15 hh with good bone.

He's in mid life and has nothing done with him except feet trimming, breeding a couple of mares, trailered and hauled the owner from one end of the pasture to the other a couple of times while irrigating. Guess he can't be spoiled . . . much.:D

I walked through a horse pasture to get to him. The horses were the fattest I've ever seen. They were worse than goats for crowding me. They were full of P&V, having a good time.

Then there was the Donk. I don't think he was fully aware that he was alive. He was about 5' on the other side of the fence. Paid no attention to me till I stopped by him. He slowly turned his head towards me and the horses and gave the poorest excuse of a bray that I have ever heard. It was so bad I wondered if he had a bad case of heaves. :roll eyes: Then he went back to grazing. That sucker ate so slow that I doubt that he could ever get a belly full.

His feet were good but I think I could lay down and roll faster than he was walkin'. :D

Talk about ears. They were the only thing that went along with the size of his head. What a beauty. If I were a mare that ugly sucker wouldn't get even close/:)

The darn thing is I think I gotta have something like that. I've done some silly things in my life, so why not another. I can only imagine what It'd look like, me on the donk followed by a pack goat string with two one the goats w/no ears. IF there were any traffic around here that would certainly stop it.

Stopped by B-B Leather and talked to Jessie. Jessie is a packer, guide, horseman and saddle maker. He straightened me out on all the BS stuff I've been soaking up from the web. He figures he as around 1500 miles on his personal mule which he recently sold. All those miles were packing and riding in Salmon, Sawtooth and Selway mountains. Turns out, if a saddle fits, a saddle fits. Simple as that.

I think I'll do a bit of dickerin' and see what comes out of this. . . .besides a divorce after 45 years. :D

Looking for a Mammoth Donkey (A big ***)

NTB the following:
14.2 to 15 HH
Cut if male.
At least a little bit broke the more the better. Remember I'm 70:rolleyes:
Big enough to haul my *** around
Fast enough to keep ahead of the pack goats
Darn cheap. Price of fuel to go get it is what sucks.

I run a pretty good place for animals. All are treated well and well cared for.

A "rescue" situation would be nice.

I read the thread starter and thought to myself.... 'Maybe I can sell Roy my wife'.......

Oh well, she's not rideable anymore, anyhow.:D

What's that mean?

I've been readin' that a horse is built different than a donk/mule. Beside mutton withered their scapula moves up and down instead of back and forth. Don't know about that. Hey, an equine is an equine. A donk walks different than a horse. More like shorter faster steps while a horse reaches out.

All ya gotta do, apparently, is ensure the saddle fits the animal and your butt.

Ensure saddle is behind scapula and the bars support along their full length not just a front and back.

What I'm gonna do is after I get him, I'll go to B-B Leather and well fit a saddle to that sucker. Pretty much the same as me getting a new pair of boots. :)

When the saddle gets on him and cinched up and he has a big S-eatin' grin on his mug, that's the saddle we'll get. :D:D

Oh, the reason for no pics is that I was laffin' so hard I never thought of it. I could only envision how much more weird the neighborhood would figure I am. . .

I'm pretty well known for horses, several breeds of dog, different type animals for dog training. The goats were a surprise. What'll they say about a brayin' donk, to go along with the significant report of the 375 AM. gun)

Can't be any wider or larger girth than a Percheron draft horse and we have 4 mares and I (used to ride) one. Too high to get up there anymore (17 hands).

Riding a draft is a like riding in a boat on calm water with a very small motor. You don't go fast, Drafts walk everywhere, maybe trot if there is a treat somewhere but terrain is no issue plus all they need is hay and water.

Had a saddle special made by the Amish for her. No store bought saddle will fit a draft Percheron mare. Too **** wide.

Great work horses btw. Very calm and laid back but very powerful. A Percheron holds the world record for the heaviest and longest pull recorded.

They have BIG asses too.

I think having a little draft in your mountain horse is a good idea.

True about "if it fits, it fits". Mules take to a Semi-Quarter Horse bars very well. I prefer a saddle with a rounded skirt so it's not hitting that shoulder. I had a friend who went to test drive some horses. The guy put him on a mare and he was riding around the pasture. The resident jack donkey attacked him and tried to bite his feet and legs. "Stay away from ma gals". It scared him so bad I don't think he's been on a horse since. Apparently those sleepy jacks come alive when they want to.

I think having a little draft in your mountain horse is a good idea.

Apparently those sleepy jacks come alive when they want to.

If it doesn't make them to tall to load packs, climb aboard.

We came close to shooting one at a Nevada waterhole, they can get a bit of attitude.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.